• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    A longstanding member of a Muzzleloader Gun Forum reported a disturbing experience today. He placed a typical order of black powder and caps from Graf & Sons a couple of weeks back. Many of us here do it regularly. Great shop. LONG HISTORY. Stand up folks. So Grafs shipped his order FedEx, signature required for Hazmat. No biggie. But, he wasn't there on delivery day. His wife was. FedEx not only required his wife to sign, but made her produce her driver's license which they scanned, and scanned her thumbprint. She was upset, and I'm sure is now in the ATF database. Her husband moreso when he heard. He called Grafs today and they were surprised.

Funny thing is I placed an order from them last week. They always deliver to me FedEx. I ignore the doorbell when home and our FedEx guy just leaves the package. BUT, I just got notice from Grafs today that they shipped my order UPS. First time. Maybe they are ditching FedEx until they get answers on this new intrusive shite.

These Marxists are pulling out all the stops.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Midsouth shooters has on the website that fedex will require signature - that fedex just won't leave it.

Of course, fedex drivers differ.

When I missed delivery, I had to go to Gaithersburg to get the package - smokeless and primers.

The clerk didn't seem very interested in asking for ID. Maybe just happy to have cleared a supposedly non-deliverable package?

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Midsouth shooters has on the website that fedex will require signature - that fedex just won't leave it.

Of course, fedex drivers differ.

When I missed delivery, I had to go to Gaithersburg to get the package - smokeless and primers.

The clerk didn't seem very interested in asking for ID. Maybe just happy to have cleared a supposedly non-deliverable package?
    Signature is expected. Always been required. DL scan and thumbprint scan is outrageous.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I just ordered quite a bit from Grafs myself. Portion of Fedex email below. I don't have an issue with it. They want to make sure it gets to the right people.

WHY are we hiding? :innocent0

Capture.JPG

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Showing ID is different. You going to let them scan your DL and take a digital fingerprint if they try?
    Difficult situation. Do I want my powder and percussion caps released to me, or am I going to be categorized as refusing delivery by not providing ID in the manner they request?

We'll see Friday if and when Fedex shows up.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I don't see scanning an ID as proof it was delivered to an adult as intrusive. But **** off if they want biometric data like a thumbprint.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Well, I guess you can make excuses for being unable to provide a print. Put lotion and clear plastic gloves on your hands. Tell the Fedex guy that you are being treated for leprosy.

Capture.JPG

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    … Of course, fedex drivers differ. …

^This^ - individual employees inserting their own politics / ASSumptions was determined - by the carrier - to be the root cause of an order of mine consisting of 10 cases being divided up into not two but, three different deliveries.

(Order came from FL but had to pass through Atlanta over a holiday weekend on its way to WNC …)

With few exceptions, most of our drivers would identify as, “country boys” and in ^that^ instance, it was eventually disclosed to me, “Corporate actually came asking questions and turns out we have a new supervisor at one of the hub terminals; she was top dog over that weekend your ten cases came through and she drew her own assumption,Nobody needs that much ammo.”

In her fvcked up / mainstream-media-addled mind she probably thought she was preventing another Las Vegas or something …

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    The wife is in Duplin Winery's wine club and we have to sign for the FedEx deliveries due to the alcohol. Seems FedEx drivers either don't care and fudge or don't know their own rules. They used to just have us sign...then they had to swipe a license...now they just ask for birthdate and don't even hand over the gizmo for a signature. And by "they" I mean the one guy who typically delivers to our house.

But, never had to do a thumbprint. Maybe they are trying different gizmos in the field to see which works best for their workflows.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I'm expecting a FedEx delivery of smokeless powder today. Hope I didn't miss him when I was picking the kid up from school. Didn't see a note on door, so probably OK.

FedEx email says signature required. In the past, especially at height of COVID lockdown, FedEx driver would often just sign it himself - and leave it on the steps if I wasn't home. I guess those days are over. . .

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Just got my Grafs powder and primer package. Wife and I are sitting out back. UPS delivery guy didn't even ring the doorbell, just put the package on the front step and left. I'm good with that.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Shoot, I'm still waiting on Fedex. Adult signature required as well. Been home all day absolutely bored. Package is supposed to be on the truck for delivery. However Fedex in my local is infamous (done it more than once to me) for suddenly rescheduling delivery for the next day. :sad20:

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Shoot, I'm still waiting on Fedex. Adult signature required as well. Been home all day absolutely bored. Package is supposed to be on the truck for delivery. However Fedex in my local is infamous (done it more than once to me) for suddenly rescheduling delivery for the next day. :sad20:
    Oh yeah. They've done that to me a lot. Here's hoping it shows up soon.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Oh yeah. They've done that to me a lot. Here's hoping it shows up soon.
    Fedex just delivered. Finally. When they mean end of day, they mean end of day. Scanned my DL bar code and had me sign their gizmo. No fingerprint though.

I ordered a set of Slix-Shot stainless steel nipples for my 1847 Walker too. Supposed to reduce cap jamming. Hope so. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom