• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    Ah, so then me being an immigrant would prohibit my entrance into the US, whew glad I got here when I did.

Need to tell my cousin and his wife, a neurosurgeon and an anesthesiologist, that they are not welcome in this country...

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Guys, if we want more pro-gun democrats, then it would be wise to not bash them so much on this site.

Furthermore, the battle against illegal immigration was over a long time ago. All you are going to do by trying to stop it is alienate [no pun intended] those soon-to-be-voters and ensure that they will do whatever anyone with a D next to their name wants them to do.

My solution is to close the borders completely, and then greatly increase the number of *legal* immigrants we allow into the nation. Basically Ellis Island all over again.

What gives you a better citizen -- someone who sneaks in and is breaking laws from day one until they are given amnesty, or someone who learns about this nation and is welcomed in.

Edit:

I did, by the way, share the OPs thoughts to the facebook world -- I just removed references to party ideology.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    My solution is to close the borders completely, and then greatly increase the number of *legal* immigrants we allow into the nation. Basically Ellis Island all over again.

What gives you a better citizen -- someone who sneaks in and is breaking laws from day one until they are given amnesty, or someone who learns about this nation and is welcomed in.

This

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Then please explain your existence on this continent? I'm quite sure it was because your ancestors immigrated here.

I was born here and both of my Parents were born here. That means this is MY home. The U.S. is MY home and I don't fly other countries flags on my car. I speak English. I'm an American, not some hyphenated douche.

FYI my Great, Great Grandparents were German and Irish Immigrants. They assimilated and came here through legal channels. Cant say the same for may of the turd illegals here or even some Naturalized Americans who love their "culture' and "former home" more then the U.S.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Actually, 100% of illegal immigrants are criminals. Why be surprised if some commit more crimes while here illegally? They're breaking our laws every instant they're here.

Actually, the large fraction I thought we were speaking of was the large amount of these mexicans that are violent/sexual offenders before ever crossing our borders. Thats scary. But yes, all of the assholes illegally here are breaking our laws and need to be sent back.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    There is a whiff of hypocrisy here. We cannot espouse scaling back limitations on firearms and other liberties while shutting the door on something else.
    It is the same type of ignorant hypocrisy that everyone bashes liberals for.

If someone has a clean slate and goes through the proper procedures to become a legal citizen, let 'em in. We all cherish this process for the purchasing of a firearm, so what makes this any different? We cannot guarantee that every person who buys a firearm legally will use it responsibly just the same as we cannot guarantee that everyone who comes into our Country legally will live their lives productively. This is the cost of freedom.

Freedom is what this country is founded upon and the ignorance that I've seen in this thread is absolutely mind-boggling.

Everyone loves this quote:
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Live by it.

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Actually, the large fraction I thought we were speaking of was the large amount of these mexicans that are violent/sexual offenders before ever crossing our borders. Thats scary. But yes, all of the assholes illegally here are breaking our laws and need to be sent back.

Ah, so then me being an immigrant would prohibit my entrance into the US, whew glad I got here when I did.

Need to tell my cousin and his wife, a neurosurgeon and an anesthesiologist, that they are not welcome in this country...

There is a whiff of hypocrisy here. We cannot espouse scaling back limitations on firearms and other liberties while shutting the door on something else.
    It is the same type of ignorant hypocrisy that everyone bashes liberals for.

If someone has a clean slate and goes through the proper procedures to become a legal citizen, let 'em in. We all cherish this process for the purchasing of a firearm, so what makes this any different? We cannot guarantee that every person who buys a firearm legally will use it responsibly just the same as we cannot guarantee that everyone who comes into our Country legally will live their lives productively. This is the cost of freedom.

Freedom is what this country is founded upon and the ignorance that I've seen in this thread is absolutely mind-boggling.

Everyone loves this quote:

Live by it.

Right. What I meant was that a small percentage of illegal aliens commit violent crimes. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on "small" since I do not know the real numbers. I understand that entering the country illegally automatically makes you a criminal.

The whole point is contrasting Liberals' approach to two different issues involving violent crimes and how they affect public safety. I have absolutely nothing against legal immigration or immigrants. The hypocrisy is that some number of illegal aliens commit violent crimes and I would bet that percentage is higher than up-to-that-moment law abiding citizens committing violent crimes with "assault weapons." One side of the face is saying there's no need to change immigration laws based on the small number of illegals committing violent crimes. The other side of the face is saying we must violate the 2nd amendment due to the tiny number of violent crimes committed with "assault weapons".

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    If we want to help the world, we need to help them in their countries.

Massive immigration - at the rate of approximately 1 million (legal) immigrants a year since 1990 is never going to save the world. Not being cold or callous, just illustrating the fallacy of a policy that was implemented to influence elections. I would say most of you that have lived a couple decades in the US, would agree things are changing more rapidly now than ever.

Also, for the record, I am one of those moderate, pro-gun Democrats. :)

Please take a moment and watch this video:

This is a very simple and important point, so if you don't like or can't access YouTube, here is the video in mp4 format:

http://media.firecold.com/videos/immigration-world-poverty-and-gumballs_hq.mp4

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    I guess the politicians will have another gun question when all these millions of illegals become instant citizens. Will they be eligible to legally purchase firearms after becoming citizens? How will the NCIS checks verify them for gun ownership? Should be interesting to see how the Government handles it.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    The United States can no longer afford to fit the bill for Illegal Immigrants residing and milking off society. The Big reason why Democrats want them to obtain legal status, is because it would give the Democrats a huge lift in their voting stance. In fact, it would tip the scales in many States.

The reason why the government wants to ban ARs and restrict firearms, because this shift in power can/will upset many.

Is this an ingredient for a revolution?

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    If we close the borders, won't illegals still sneak in illegally like they do now?

no. we banned drugs and they aren't avai.... oh. I see what you did there.

I completely understand your skepticism, but let me explain:

Right now our borders are not closed, far from it. I would actually have it fenced and patrolled.

And, the major difference between drugs and immigration is that I would provide a legal means to gain entry. The better comparison would be alcohol rather than drugs. I don't know any place to get moonshine, because there are easier legal ways to get booze. I do, however, know lots of ways to get illegal drugs.

Closing the borders would be a good start, but that would not stop all illegal immigration. If you close the borders and then provide a means to legal entry that is open to the masses, then I think you would see less people just saying "screw it" and hopping the line.

In a nutshell, except for the ones with records, illegal immigrants are illegal because we don't provide any way for them to legally join our nation.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Right now our borders are not closed, far from it. I would actually have it fenced and patrolled.

And, the major difference between drugs and immigration is that I would provide a legal means to gain entry. The better comparison would be alcohol rather than drugs. I don't know any place to get moonshine, because there are easier legal ways to get booze. I do, however, know lots of ways to get illegal drugs.

Closing the borders would be a good start, but that would not stop all illegal immigration. If you close the borders and then provide a means to legal entry that is open to the masses, then I think you would see less people just saying "screw it" and hopping the line.

In a nutshell, except for the ones with records, illegal immigrants are illegal because we don't provide any way for them to legally join our nation.

Legal immigration is limited and controlled for a reason; why this is explained in the video. The US allows more legal immigrants than any other country: http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2012/06/daily-chart-18
    20120630_woc491_0.png

Those that won't watch a 6 minute video are even less likely to read an article that should take about the same amount of time. But for those that will: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/m-americas_useful_idiots.html

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013

Seriously? I know a bunch of people that immigrated legally. You're wrong, they CHOOSE to not become naturalized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom