• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I live in Bethesda and wondered if anyone knew what the laws/ordinances are for shooting air pistols? I have a solid embankment and the pistols make virtually no noise. I don't want to pop them off in the basement because of lead concerns.

If it's not permitted, what are the penalties (besides forfeiture of one's home, vehicles, firearms and the death penalty)?

May 25, 2009
    I live in Bethesda and wondered if anyone knew what the laws/ordinances are for shooting air pistols? I have a solid embankment and the pistols make virtually no noise. I don't want to pop them off in the basement because of lead concerns.

If it's not permitted, what are the penalties (besides forfeiture of one's home, vehicles, firearms and the death penalty)?

I fire an air rifle once in a while in my back yard. No one has ever said anything or called the police. I live in a townhouse, so I know someone has seen or heard it. Depending on how well you know your neighbors, I would think maybe just asking them if they're cool with it might be enough. HOWEVER, from the way I read this: http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/content/ded/agservices/pdffiles/ch57_weapons.pdf , you aren't allowed to fire an airgun. Apparently, they fall under the definition of "gun", and the same laws apply to them as they do to firearms. Hopefully I am mistaken.

Thaimonkee

Jun 2, 2010
    Bethesda
    Seeing that you and I are in Bethesda means that most likely your neighbors are anti-gun and wont let you shoot anything. At least thats how my neighbors are.

mmillerao

Jan 4, 2011
    Montgomery County
    If you're retreating to the basement anyway, look into some Aguila Colibri (or Super Colibri which has more bang) for your 22. Same noise as an air rifle but more fun to shoot. Works great in most rifles and pistols (although louder in a pistol). I think most fun is with a lever action .22 rifle. They cycle really well in a lever action. With an auto, you'll need to rack the bolt each time as there's not enough blow back to operate the action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom