• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    They should change the name from "Montgomery County Fair" to "Montgomery County Biased."

Nomenclature is important.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    We went one year and enjoyed the pig races.

They got rid of the pigs so we don't go.

We went to Timonium for the horse races. Now, I think it's too hot.

We do go to the Frederick Oktoberfest. :thumbsup:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    *****I used to love going there. I have gone in recent years to help at our IWLA booth. They have food there I don't normally eat but people I go with do so I indulge a bit. I might go this year to help at our booth since we get free admission as well as free food, and other perks like meeting new and interesting people, etc.. Some of my fellow RSO folks volunteer too as they are big into the outdoors as well as trying to introduce kids into stuff like scouting, archery, nature, etc.. Many are dads or grand dads themselves and bring their kids to help as well.

There's good and bad things. The quality of people at the fair has markedly declined and there is a general decline in neatness and civility amongst them. It was rare to see fights and things like two remarkably obese women brawling and yanking their weaves out while men and others cheer them on until security shows up, etc.. Now many people are just rude, cut in line, are cursing very loudly in front of kids, and just not being civilized nor family friendly.

Heck MoCo has gone downhill in many parts over the past few years. Dunno if the people at the fair are mostly from the area but if so - they seem to be from a much lower socio-economic status on average that was definitely in the minority not so long ago. People sneaking in alcohol, smoking weed, and looking like derelicts, poorly and slovenly dressed - sometimes dirty. You still see the prototypical nuclear family, but also a ton of single moms with grandma and kids now. Also used to be a lot of trades people and farmer types with their families - really hard working people, now you see those folks only at the animal/livestock booths and craft areas and that part of the fair seems to be shrinking as I guess the farms either close up or people from the land move away due to retirement, etc..

That fair is definitely a microcosm of how MoCo in general has become - very much haves, and clearly not so much haves that perhaps don't have as many options for advancement or limited skillsets to thrive in a modern economy.

I like the funnel cakes with fruit and the lemonade drinks. Delish! :thumbsup:
    used to take the kids there when they were younger like 15-20 years ago. Now really crappy. Everything you stated. A lot of animals from the apts across 355 near the old Lake Forest go there and the class of people living there has definitely gone down. When we did go we would go during the day. Never at night anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom