• ...and so much more!
  • wfm12273

Oct 20, 2022
    FB_IMG_1684541549709.jpg

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Its alarming when the dudes got it in his hands. Buy a sling and throw it on your back, keep a protest sign in your hands.

Not a good look for those of us who work hard on changing the gun owner stigma of being a nut aka standing outside with a rifle in your hands.

I've OC'd a rifle in springfield with my best bud when we were 19 for fun. It never left my back

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Notice of Supplemental Authorities (Pennak, Mark) (Entered: 05/18/2023)

Notice of Supplemental Authority to bring to the Court’s attention the decision of the district court in Koons v. Platkin, No. 22-7464 consolidated with No. 22-7463 (D. N.J. May 16, 2023) (slip opinion attached) 238 pages.

https://reason.com/volokh/2023/05/16/preliminary-injunction-against-nj-ban-on-peaceable-carry/ A good Read!

@esqappellate Why is There still is no judge assigned?

Last edited:

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Notice of Supplemental Authorities (Pennak, Mark) (Entered: 05/18/2023)

Notice of Supplemental Authority to bring to the Court’s attention the decision of the district court in Koons v. Platkin, No. 22-7464 consolidated with No. 22-7463 (D. N.J. May 16, 2023) (slip opinion attached) 238 pages.

https://reason.com/volokh/2023/05/16/preliminary-injunction-against-nj-ban-on-peaceable-carry/ A good Read!

@esqappellate Why is There still is no judge assigned?
    Oh, we have a judge. Judge Chuang in Greenbelt.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Oh, we have a judge. Judge Chuang in Greenbelt.
    Then Sir, Why this? On 5 May 23. REMANDING Counts I, II, and III to the Circuit Court for Montgomery County..

Meaning He sent it to the circuit court- Judge Chuang is in the District Court. SMH or WTF.

You just filled a supplemental on 18th! Okay How long is the wait time?

Epiphany

Feb 5, 2023
    MoCo
    Then Sir, Why this? On 5 May 23. REMANDING Counts I, II, and III to the Circuit Court for Montgomery County..

Meaning He sent it to the circuit court- Judge Chuang is in the District Court. SMH or WTF.

He remanded part of the case - the rest stays with him.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

He sent the 3 state law claims to state court, like I wanted. He kept and will rule on the five federal claims, like I wanted, including the PI motion. So the case will proceed in two courts at the same time which the County hates but which is fine with me. How long he will take to rule on the PI motion is up to him. Soon I hope.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    He sent the 3 state law claims to state court, like I wanted. He kept and will rule on the five federal claims, like I wanted, including the PI motion. So the case will proceed in two courts at the same time which the County hates but which is fine with me. How long he will take to rule on the PI motion is up to him. Soon I hope.
    Okay, got it. Thank you. :)

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I'm surprised (or not) that MoCo's Bill 21-22 hasn't gotten more media coverage considering how abusive/restrictive it's been and how long this saga has gone on for.

Compare that to Maryland's SB1 where you had the Governor on CNN defending it (or attempting to) with Jake Tapper the other day and multiple write-ups in media.

Perhaps it's because Elrich isn't a presidential prospect while Moore is?
    Perhaps it's because the NRA actually filed a lawsuit against Maryland's SB1, but didn't against MoCo's Bill 21-22?

AFAIK, Mr. Gutowski still hasn't written anything about Bill 21-22. Perhaps Cam Edwards is interested?: https://bearingarms.com/author/camedwards

That's the only other high-profile name coming to mind right now.

Last edited:

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I'm surprised (or not) that MoCo's Bill 21-22 hasn't gotten more media coverage considering how abusive/restrictive it's been and how long this saga has gone on for.

Compare that to Maryland's SB1 where you had the Governor on CNN defending it (or attempting to) with Jake Tapper the other day and multiple write-ups in media.

Perhaps it's because Elrich isn't a presidential prospect while Moore is?
    Perhaps it's because the NRA actually filed a lawsuit against Maryland's SB1, but didn't against MoCo's Bill 21-22?

AFAIK, Mr. Gutowski still hasn't written anything about Bill 21-22. Perhaps Cam Edwards is interested?: https://bearingarms.com/author/camedwards

That's the only other high-profile name coming to mind right now.
    Actually, the Mont. Co. ordinance is so extreme that a favorable decision in that case will serve as precedent in the suit against SB1. An old Missouri saying: When pigs become hogs, they go to slaughter.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Actually, the Mont. Co. ordinance is so extreme that a favorable decision in that case will serve as precedent in the suit against SB1. An old Missouri saying: When pigs become hogs, they go to slaughter.
    That's as I suspected.

What happens if they decide the state law first?

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Straight from the horses mouth. Best explanation yet for us legal simpletons.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    That's as I suspected.

What happens if they decide the state law first?
    Not likely, given the complexity of the state law issues and the fact that the PI motion has been pending for 5 months now. But, even it the state law issues were decided first, that would not moot the federal claim in the PI motion

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom