• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    Andy Raymond is waiting..........
    I would have no issues delaying my rights to get Andy his trial, but there really isn't a relationship. My issue is that the default is f**k the public. It should be inverted... If there is even a chance that a new law is hitting at the rights of people, it should be immediately suspended and let the state have the burden to prove that it should be implemented immediately.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    I would have no issues delaying my rights to get Andy his trial, but there really isn't a relationship. My issue is that the default is f**k the public. It should be inverted... If there is even a chance that a new law is hitting at the rights of people, it should be immediately suspended and let the state have the burden to prove that it should be implemented immediately.
    The above describes the "precautionary principle". If there's a modest or high probability that harm will come from an action, the action should be regulated or not permitted to avoid the harm.

The lefties apply this principle subjectively. It's applied when regulating businesses as related to environmental impact; and it's applied in social and economic policy development on topics like education, economic development, etc. It's also applied to civil rights policy related to things like free speech, elections, assembly, etc. But it's not applied by the lefties where second amendment civil rights are concerned. Many on the left spurn the precautionary principle when considering right to self defense. Those rights are perfectly fine to interest balance out of existence.

Because the left is subjective and hypocritical in applying the precautionary principle it makes many of their precautionary principle based arguments weak because they don't consistently apply the principle.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Andy wasn't charged with the law in question. His situation isn't a cut and dry self defense case so it can't be compared. Shooting at a retreating person or car will get you in hot water in most states.

ANYWAYS. For all you worry warts who are concerned about CCW safe covering you.

I called twice on this topic to get 2 different people. If you are not charged or ticketed with said law they will represent you.
    If you are charged with it(unlikely) there is a possibility they will represent you after it is reviewed by their claims council because they do represent their clients in criminal court as well(dont forget that). Both of them said if it is a clear act of self defense they will defend you.

Take that for what you will. We have yet to see anyone charged with this including a known white male gun store owning conservative.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Andy wasn't charged with the law in question. His situation isn't a cut and dry self defense case so it can't be compared. Shooting at a retreating person or car will get you in hot water in most states.

ANYWAYS. For all you worry warts who are concerned about CCW safe covering you.

I called twice on this topic to get 2 different people. If you are not charged or ticketed with said law they will represent you.
    If you are charged with it(unlikely) there is a possibility they will represent you after it is reviewed by their claims council because they do represent their clients in criminal court as well(dont forget that). Both of them said if it is a clear act of self defense they will defend you.

Take that for what you will. We have yet to see anyone charged with this including a known white male gun store owning conservative.
    So they'll cover the clear acts of self defense (simpler, cheaper cases), whereas in cases that are not so clear cut, and a vigorous defense (more difficult and costly cases) is needed most, they may refulse to assist. Go figure.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    This was posted
    Feb 6, 2023
    Motion Hearing held on 2/6/2023 before Judge Theodore D. Chuang re 57 MOTION to Remand to State Court Renewed Motion to Remand Counts I, II, and III and Stay Counts IV Through VIII filed by Montgomery County, Maryland, and 54 Corrected MOTION for Preliminary Injunction Corrected Supporting Memorandum filed by Andrew Raymond, I.C.E. Firearms & Defensive Training, LLC, Joshua Edgar, Carlos Rabanales, Deryck Weaver, Nancy David, Brandon Ferrell, Maryland Shall Issue, Inc., Engage Armament LLC, Eliyahu Shemony, Ronald David.(Court Reporter: Patricia Klepp\2B)

yes, Now 13 Feb 2023. Prayer for relief-soon
    Quoted
    CONCLUSION
    A TRO and a preliminary injunction should be granted without delay.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    So they'll cover the clear acts of self defense (simpler, cheaper cases), whereas in cases that are not so clear cut, and a vigorous defense (more difficult and costly cases) is needed most, they may refulse to assist. Go figure.
    Nah i didnt get that impression. It was more so them reassuring me that if it's self defense you will be covered. They have taken conflicting cases, they offer up to 1 mil in bond and 500k standard not to mention criminal case coverage.

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015

This happened literally outside of the MoCo Parks and Permitting departments. Well within 100 yards. Clearly no one told the shooter that it's a gun-free zone.

Screenshot_20230213_134409_Maps.jpg

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    If things like this do not bring a charge, would that help prove the capricious and arbitrary nature of the law if they actually were to bring charges against an otherwise law-abiding W&C permit holder? I would think that a good lawyer could make some hay out of that.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Where does it say the conclusion at?

I do not see that at all.
    Please allow me to help and guide you my friend.

PLAINTIFFS’ RESPONSE TO THE EVERYTOWN AMICUS BRIEF
    Document 70 Filed 02/02/23 Page 14 of 14

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    All: This doe NAIL the argument. Period.

Quoted in Response #70.

Second, plaintiffs need not show that the Second Amendment applies to “specific, enumerated areas.” The right recognized in Bruen is that “the Second Amendment guarantees a general right to public carry,” 142 S.Ct. at 2135, and that there is a “general right to publicly carry arms for self-defense.” Bruen, 142 S.Ct. at 2134.

A “general right” to carry in public cannot be reasonably limited to particular places, as Everytown would have it. Bruen explains that the “‘textual elements’ of the Second Amendment’s operative clause— ‘the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed’— ‘guarantee the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation.’” 142 S.Ct. at 2134,

quoting District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 592 (2008). The right to bear arms thus “naturally encompasses public carry” because confrontation “can surely take place outside the home.” Id. The text of the Second Amendment is thus informed by the right of self-defense. Not even Everytown disputes that Bruen recognizes that the right of self-defense extends outside the home

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom