• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    Just read the 35 page MSI doc. Good read. Anyone have an ideal of when the next step occurs?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Incorrect. State law allows the State Police to limit the scope of the permit and then provides that any carry with a permit outside such limits is the same as having no permit at all. All the permits issued by the State Place bear the limitation that the permit is "not valid where firearms are prohibited by law." Any law, including presumptively County law.
    I posted this in an earlier post. So now you have broken 2 laws.One county and one state

But. In violating state law can get you a lifetime prohibition

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    The one thing that would have been fun to put in was raskin stating it would not pass court muster. Use a D's words against them.

AKA " even congressman raskin said ... "

It was also cool to see the IFLY brought up, I did the electric work when it was built. I use a supply house right next to it as well.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    It will be finished briefing on January 9. After that, up to the Judge
    is there a time limit for the judge to decide if he will honor the TRO?
    I read somewhere he has 21 days to respond but that could of been DC.

In short we're looking at another 6-7 weeks of this im guessing

Thank you for fighting the good fight and getting out here to the forums

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    If I understand the alternative, it basically says you can't carry at any of the listed places, but the 100 yard thing goes away so you don't have to worry about streets? Is that accurate?

I was all excited until I saw proposed :)

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    If I understand the alternative, it basically says you can't carry at any of the listed places, but the 100 yard thing goes away so you don't have to worry about streets? Is that accurate?

Those are just for the Temporary Restraining Order and Preliminary Injunction, not for the final order. Nibbling off the worst pieces of the law at the start, go for the whole apple at the end.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

The proposed is designed to get something in a tro right away and is the product of the judge’s resistance to doing any tro as evidenced at the conference yesterday. It is a temporary partial fix. The final relief sought remains much broader

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    Those are just for the Temporary Restraining Order and Preliminary Injunction, not for the final order. Nibbling off the worst pieces of the law at the start, go for the whole apple at the end.
    Yep, understand that. Both options give us the ability to carry again at least.

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    The proposed is designed to get something in a tro right away and is the product of the judge’s resistance to doing any tro as evidenced at the conference yesterday. It is a temporary partial fix. The final relief sought remains much broader
    That's disappointing that they are resistant to this. Seems straightforward. Thanks for all of your effort!

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    is there a time limit for the judge to decide if he will honor the TRO?
    I read somewhere he has 21 days to respond but that could of been DC.

In short we're looking at another 6-7 weeks of this im guessing

Thank you for fighting the good fight and getting out here to the forums
    A pi and a tro motion are by their nature on a fast track. But the time of the ruling is up to the judge

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom