• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    The SCOTUS dissected that sentence in the Heller decision. They were very clear that the 2nd amendment is an individual right and unconnected to militia service.

Fourteen years later anti-gunners are still bringing up "but militia" arguments.
    The grift compels them to do that. They can't stop and undermine the cause, so the grift continues unabated.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The SCOTUS dissected that sentence in the Heller decision. They were very clear that the 2nd amendment is an individual right and unconnected to militia service.

Fourteen years later anti-gunners are still bringing up "but militia" arguments.
    Mostly because it's all they have. The rest of the text is pretty clear in its meaning, and it's not what the Antis want to hear.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Why would the county board and the county exec be covered to qualified immunity when told by the county lawyer this might be illegal under the us constitution and they are not subject to TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242 of federal law???
    The County Lawyer told them that it might be illegal? I was under the impression that it was rubber-stamped based on what the County Council and Elrich said.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It was Jamie Raskin who told them it might be illegal, not the County Attorney

He is a US Congressman from MD who used to be in the GA and has nothing to do with the county now except he lives in Takoma Park

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It was Jamie Raskin who told them it might be illegal, not the Attorney

He is a US Congressman from MD who used to be in the GA and has nothing to do with the county now except he lives in Takoma Park
    And more to the point, I believe he told them it probably wouldn't survive a court challenge - he would never have gone on the record calling his ideological traveling companions' work or aspirations "illegal."

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    And more to the point, I believe he told them it probably wouldn't survive a court challenge - he would never have gone on the record calling his ideological traveling companions' work or aspirations "illegal."
    Yup. That's right, and it's also mentioned that the Council and Elrich got "legal advice" so that it would be "legally sound".

Last edited:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    esqappellate said: POST #66
    We have a conference with the Judge at 2:30 on this coming Tuesday. After which I will be allowed to file the motion for a TRO and for a PI. Which I am prepared to file that day. That's what I expect.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I believe that you can answer, "I respectfully decline to discuss the contents of my vehicle".

You Could . But if you took that approach , " nothing illegal " or " nothing illegal or dangerous " . Would also be true , and less combative .

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I'm going off my memory but I could of sworn the code 4-203 says where state and federal law prohibits you. Then goes to list those sensitive areas
    Incorrect. State law allows the State Police to limit the scope of the permit and then provides that any carry with a permit outside such limits is the same as having no permit at all. All the permits issued by the State Place bear the limitation that the permit is "not valid where firearms are prohibited by law." Any law, including presumptively County law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom