• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    What happens if you have a ccw and carry in these "safe spaces"?
    I read that if the officer decides to charge you its a misdemeanor and either 1k fine or 6 months in jail.

While im no boot licker, i believe you might be lucky and get a cop who see's you have no priors,a valid permit, not a stolen gun and cut you a break but i wouldnt expect it. Wishful thinking on my part lmao

Last edited:

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Here's what the NRA published back on July 15, 2022: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20220715/maryland-montgomery-county-seeks-to-restrict-lawful-carry

It's unclear if they've done anything else since then, but I'm not seeing anything.
    I had a conversation many years ago with a higher up NRA person about maryland. Simply put I was told they would not spend any money in maryland beyond what they called the minimum to maintain a presence due to it being a lost cause.

Its one of the reasons I dropped my nra membership years ago.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    No reason to comply then. Not disqualifying even.
    Not disqualifying until MGA adds any firearm crime to the disqualifying crime list for HGP's. I can see them doing that, its a simple " Any person who has a conviction of any firearm related charges are disqualified from obtaining a HGP "

Got caught target shooting where you should not have, got caught with a loaded mag in your hunting rifle in your car, etc etc .

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I had a conversation many years ago with a higher up NRA person about maryland. Simply put I was told they would not spend any money in maryland beyond what they called the minimum to maintain a presence due to it being a lost cause.

Its one of the reasons I dropped my nra membership years ago.
    Now that Maryland is a Shall Issue state, I wonder if they still feel that way. You'd think they wouldn't after that, but If NRA doesn't get involved in any litigation against this law, I guess they still do.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    do the various ccw insurance companies cover you if you break any laws, even unconstitutional ones?
    Nope.

Here's the Delta Defense Self-Defense Liability Policy (USCCA): https://www.deltadefense.com/services

See Section 2: Exclusions

This policy does not apply to, and provides no insurance for:
    a. ........
    b. Criminal Acts
    Any criminal act by any “insured”, including any injury or damage caused by or during any criminal act of any “insured”.

CCW Safe: https://ccwsafe.com/terms-conditions/

CRIMINAL ACTS: ....... Will not provide the services for a firearms response, if in a place where it is a misdemeanor or felony to possess a firearm or prohibited by the property owner (although all other legal weapons shall be covered). Please see exception to “Gun Free Zone” incident in FAQs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom