• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    If you have family outside of MoCo get it shipped there. Like others have siad try looking around. I buy from Georgia Arms and I know a lot of people here do and they don't seem to have any problems. I just thought about something, try and contact HoChiWaWa. Him and I ordered from Georgia Arms at about the same time but he has recieved his tey. I got mine last week and it took 3 days. He might live in MoCo, Im not sure so dont hold me to that.

I'm in PG, My experience with GA was pretty much good, there was a delay due to backorder but that happens. The ammo is pretty good, I like the neat little circles the semiwadcutters I got for my 1911 cut out, they wouldn't cycle my buddies XD45 though.

bunnielab

May 17, 2007
    I have gotten a bunch of different .38spc loads from Georgia Arms and have nothing but good stuff to say about them and their ammo.

I do realize that auto loaders have alot more ammo issues (feeding, cycling, extracting) but based on the ammo I have gotten from them before I would have no problem ordering 9mm or .45acp from them to give it a test.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I live in RockVille, and I have recieved ammo delivery from jg, aim, natchez and cabela's. I just got an email notice Friday from cabela's that they finally shipped the ak ammo that I ordered January09:sad20: The most shipping charge is jg. They are almost twice as much in shipping. I pay $18 for a 1k rd box from most vendors and jg is $31 for the same box.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Ammo deliveries

Bumping this thread to see if any MOCO residents have had any issues lately with ammo being shipped. I was looking at getting some from J and G.

I have received handgun and shotshell ammo from Cabelas and Ammuniton to Go delivered by UPS to my door step in Bethesda. No problems

Stu

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    AIM has a really good price on .308 (plus they have some of that Centurion 12 gauge I want to try). Thinking of ordering it online and seeing if it ships or if they send me a "sorry" notice.

Any thoughts?

wgpklaus

Nov 21, 2008
    AIM has a really good price on .308 (plus they have some of that Centurion 12 gauge I want to try). Thinking of ordering it online and seeing if it ships or if they send me a "sorry" notice.

Any thoughts?

I've ordered from there, and have an email from Bryan (another member on ARFCOM who works for AIM) and their policy to not ship to MoCo is no longer in play, they just haven't changed the website to reflect that yet.

Order away through AIM, you're good to go! :)

vwpilot

Nov 26, 2008
    I'm in Gaithersburg and regularly order ammo from Natchez and many others, without problem. I live in an apartment and they leave it at the office.

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    +1 on Aim Surplus shipping ammunition to the very bowel of Montgomery County. Ordered on Tuesday, shipped on Thursday, delivered today (Monday). The shipping department was helpful and kept everything up to date. Good folks. Not long ago they were advising everyone of a 10-day lag in shipping, but that's cleared up. Looks like a Czech light ball summer for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom