Montgomery Co. forces the removal of a little library that resembles a speed camera (Kensington)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Honestly... is this what the police are concerned about. Assuming it actually looked like a speed camera (which it doesn't), I would think that the police would be in favor of it, if it forced traffic calming in a residential neighborhood. But that also assumes that you subscribe to the fallacy that the purpose of speed cameras is for safety.
    That did it.

Now you are on their list! :deal:

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    "We're all in this together"

:rofl:
    Come on man! Community does not equate to communism. From what I see these little libraries are a grass root community thing; no GOV involvement; not designed to replace existing libraries but increasing access and to encourage reading of actual books, not internet BS.

I guess those wackos who burned the great library of Alexandria thought that library was doosh also. :D ;)

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Come on man! Community does not equate to communism. From what I see these little libraries are a grass root community thing; no GOV involvement; not designed to replace existing libraries but increasing access and to encourage reading of actual books, not internet BS.

I guess those wackos who burned the great library of Alexandria thought that library was doosh also. :D ;)
    Archibald Tuttle objects. :)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been checking out the local little libraries wen I walk the dogs. In three plus years, I think I've picked up about 5 or 6 years. A Tom Clancy paperback, a couple travel guides (Greece, Istanbul), a book of humerous poems by Ogden Nash, and what looked to be a brand-new Joy of Cooking 75th Anniversary Edition. And a Discword novel, Going Postal.

Mostly it's crap that no one wants. But that's OK.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I've been checking out the local little libraries wen I walk the dogs. In three plus years, I think I've picked up about 5 or 6 years. A Tom Clancy paperback, a couple travel guides (Greece, Istanbul), a book of humerous poems by Ogden Nash, and what looked to be a brand-new Joy of Cooking 75th Anniversary Edition. And a Discword novel, Going Postal.

Mostly it's crap that no one wants. But that's OK.
    In CA I picked up a book about the Brown Water Navy in Vietnam. Many photos detailing the boats used, etc. I gave it to my Uncle who was blown up on a riverboat during the Tet offense. He appreciated it and, over time, started to talk to me about his experiences there.

Still, per OP, I'm an insipid doosh.
    And I am an insipid doosh, but not due to liking little libraries. ;)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Little libraries are great. We have one at each of the two local playgrounds here. I keep them stocked with books on stoicism, history, guns, and things like the gulag archipelago. They encourage the private sharing of information between community members. It's about as free-market/limited government as something gets.

However in this case, it looks like moco citizens did what they do best, beg the government to tread harder. They put up a faux speed camera library as a form of protest because the government wasn't responsive enough about installing MORE speed cameras.

So little libraries are cool, moco as a general place and it's residents continue to suck.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I especially like the part where the government might allow you to install a little library on your own property if the permitting bureaucracy gets its fee and deems it worthy.
    Tyranny starts small and with unimportant things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom