• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Oh, Noooooooooo! Again?

“My husband and I live in the neighborhood and as the first openly LGBTQ+ councilmember, I am sickened by these acts of terror,” Glass said.

Check out the "USSR" burned into the flag. :rolleyes:
    It's odd, we have Ring video clearly showing a young black male burning the flag, yet the department press release doesn't show it or give a description of the suspect...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Quotes from the interviewed in the article:

“I walked out, and the ones in the flowerbeds were fine. But as I turned around and came back into the house, the [pride flag] that’s closest to the door that was behind the figure of a rabbit…was burnt,”
    ---maybe you have too many flags---

“Being a diverse place isn’t something you are; it’s something you actively do,”
    ---interesting insight to their thinking---

“I’m the parent of two LGBTQ individuals, and it just hits home,”
    ---RED FLAG ALERT---

“I just want to cover this entire neighborhood with pride flags,”
    ---probably why this happened to begin with---

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It's odd, we have Ring video clearly showing a young black male burning the flag, yet the department press release doesn't show it or give a description of the suspect...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

****One of my friends and also fellow instructor works in that area and is familiar with the case and said the same thing. I guess it doesn't fit the narrative.

One of the most important things the media has to influence a story is the power to ignore or obfuscate. Shame on them. My understanding is that it is pretty clear who burnt the flag.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

Oh boy...

Meredith Weisel, regional director of the Anti-Defamation League, offered recommendations including, “Improving safety and security for the Jewish community — but also other marginalized communities, and also local legislation on how to combat white supremacist propaganda.”

She noted that last recommendation includes some challenges due to protections of free speech, but said that is something the panel should work on.

No shit.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I actually was shocked when I walked into the men's bathroom at La Madeline at the Downtown Crown and there was a large swastika drawn on the wall next to the door. We don't see much of that crap out my way. Not sure who scrawled that trash on the wall, but it definitely was disheartening to see.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I actually was shocked when I walked into the men's bathroom at La Madeline at the Downtown Crown and there was a large swastika drawn on the wall next to the door. We don't see much of that crap out my way. Not sure who scrawled that trash on the wall, but it definitely was disheartening to see.
    The false flag rate on stuff like that - especially around here - is close to 100%.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    "It is irrational. It is nuts, and it's fueled by really ignorant people," Elrich said last month following an incident at Walt Whitman High School. Someone wrote a hateful message on a school sign, sparking fear and outrage from many students.

"We have a real problem with antisemitism, racism and xenophobia in general," one student said following the incident.

This month saw swastikas drawn on desks and school property at three Montgomery County schools, including Tilden Middle School. The antisemitic incident led to leaders inviting Holocaust survivor Josie Traum to speak with students.

MOCO, that bastion of MAGA and hate must change!
    The effort and money/grants being offered which your referring to is widely used by the synagogues and other religious sanctuaries in Montgomery County to improve their security. I see nothing wrong with that and actually applaud it.

Montgomery Co. executive seeks additional security grants for nonprofits at risk for hate crimes

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    The effort and money/grants being offered which your referring to is widely used by the synagogues and other religious sanctuaries in Montgomery County to improve their security. I see nothing wrong with that and actually applaud it.

Montgomery Co. executive seeks additional security grants for nonprofits at risk for hate crimes
    MOCO offers a grant, to hire it’s cops to protect you?

The same cops that are supposed to keep you safe with the tax dollars you already paid them, to hire cops, to keep you safe?

That makes sense?

OK.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    MOCO offers a grant, to hire it’s cops to protect you?

The same cops that are supposed to keep you safe with the tax dollars you already paid them, to hire cops, to keep you safe?

That makes sense?

OK.
    Nope Montgomery County does not provide me anything nor do I pay any taxes or revenue to MC.

I live in Frederick County.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Give me a $100K of it and I promise I won't say hurtful things near any MoCo snowflakes.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The effort and money/grants being offered which your referring to is widely used by the synagogues and other religious sanctuaries in Montgomery County to improve their security. I see nothing wrong with that and actually applaud it .

Hummmm . This is one of those pisser situations.

Jewish ( and other denomination) places of worship increasing safety of their congregants and guests = Good Thing .

Those Grants being a fig leaf to legitimize the program , to primarily benefit Transsexuals and Illegal aliens = very problematic.

Wouldn't cost MoCo any $ to remove Places of Worship from 21-22E .

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Hummmm . This is one of those pisser situations.

Jewish ( and other denomination) places of worship increasing safety of their congregants and guests = Good Thing .

Those Grants being a fig leaf to legitimize the program , to primarily benefit Transsexuals and Illegal aliens = very problematic.

Wouldn't cost MoCo any $ to remove Places of Worship from 21-22E .
    Do you have data to show the funds are actually going to legitimize transsexuals?

Being active in the United Methodist Conference I know for a fact of churches that have tapped this grant opportunity to improve their security and nothing more. The grant application requires detailed information on how you will improve security and the Trustees must sign a release form for the funds showing a contract and invoices after services provided

I call bull chips on the fake news transexual fear factor.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OK. Maybe so .

Can you point us at any stats on the total expenditures of previous similar grant programs ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom