• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I'm just up the street from the armory, back on the other side of 29 in the second set of suburbs. Nice neighborhood, lots of deer walking around-very quiet and tranquil. My first realization of the politics of this area was shortly after moving in, I decided I would get my chainsaw and take down the very dead tree that is an eyesore on my lawn. So I'm out there with the chainsaw and ladder, getting ready to climb up and start taking some branches down. The neighbor comes running over waving her arms yelling at me to stop. She then proceeds to tell me that I can't legally cut this tree down (she's a cop btw). Say's I have to call the county and have them send an arborist out and that person gets to decide if the tree comes down or not. I thought it was a joke. You know...'let's screw with the new guy" kinda thing. She was serious...

So I call the county and I'm told that I am not to touch the tree-they will send someone. So literally about four months pass and some jackass in a white truck rolls up one day, takes a look at the tree and say's "yep, it's dead. Needs to be removed."

Well thank you captain obvious! Hell I never could have figured that one out without the help of county gov't.

So then I ask the guy if I can cut my tree down now...I was planning to cut it into firewood. I honestly thought he was going to go into shock.

He tells me that I am not to touch the tree. He's sending a crew to remove it. If I touch it, I could be fined, cited, probably have my guns confiscated...God knows what else.

So that was back in November that he was here. I still haven't seen this crew that's supposed to remove my dead tree.

As an added bonus; it reaches over the street. SO if it falls on someone's car, my insurance company won't cover the damages because I've been told by a gov't official that the tree is dead and needs to be removed. So the insurance company sees it as, I need to remove the tree. However, here in the people's republic of montgomery county, I can't touch the goddamn thing because I'm too stupid to remove a tree...apparently.

Needless to say, the wife and I are already discussing moving and we've only been here six months. I'm just not used to this and don't really care to get used to it.

/rant
    Are you in that snowden mills development? Or on the other side of randolph?

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Damascus (South Damascus as well, aka "Gaithersburg" (shiver)) Any shooters near me up for taking a day off and going to the NRA range? I've got lots of fun stuff including a Tommy gun.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Wow. I live near the intersection of Randolph and New Hampshire. It's cool how so many of us live in the area.:cool:

I used to live right across from Kennedy High in Winding Orchard. Moved 3 years ago to Damascus due to shitty schools in that area.

Damascus (South Damascus as well, aka "Gaithersburg" (shiver)) Any shooters near me up for taking a day off and going to the NRA range? I've got lots of fun stuff including a Tommy gun.

Hey buddy, I live in Darnestown (they also group me in with Gaithersburg sometimes..dammit) and I'm definitely up for going to the NRA range sometime. It's been on my to do list as I recently got back into shooting.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Hey buddy, I live in Darnestown (they also group me in with Gaithersburg sometimes..dammit) and I'm definitely up for going to the NRA range sometime. It's been on my to do list as I recently got back into shooting.

Yo I'm right down the road in Poolesville. Always looking for folks to hitup Cresap with on Sundays.

It's not Darnestown either...it's North Potomac, or Greater Seneca!

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Noob checkin

This looks like as good a place as any for my first post - I'm in Gaitherspatch near NIST, grew up in MoCo (inside the Beltway) back in the (ahem) 60s, 70s, and have never stopped complaining about how much better things were in "the good old days" :rolleyes:

Except for trying to actually be pro-2A in Maryland. Yes, I've explained our "culture" to more than one person.

Hey, all - glad I finally found this (MDS) place a few weeks ago!

SSgt M...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom