• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Doesn’t this violate the open meetings act?

Who's going to enforce it?

MoCo is merely imitating their betters in the federal sector. Sincerest form of flattery.

Toad-eaters* sucking up to the Big Teat, positioning themselves to dine well on whatever slops out of the Federal Trough.

*Gotta love the definition:

noun​

1. A toady.
    2. A fawning, obsequious parasite; a mean sycophant; a flatterer; a toady.
    3. A fawning, obsequious parasite; a mean sycophant or flatterer.
    [Originally, a charlatan's helper who ate (or pretended to eat) poisonous toads so that his employer could display his prowess in expelling the poison.]

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Doesn’t this violate the open meetings act?

****You know what? This is a great point and I wonder myself how this situation does not violate that act. I would think someone more in the loop like Norton or Smokey would perhaps have a better idea regarding this. I don't see how some of this can be legal as there is deliberate obfuscation in addition to outright hostility to the very people who have trusted the "system" to best provide a good education to their children.

It is really unbelievable to me just how aggressive some of these board members and supporters of this setup are regarding a subject that is somewhat ancillary to the core mission of educating children in more relevant subjects like mathematics, science, English, etc..

Where is the enforcement of already long established law regarding this?

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland

Attachments

• IMG_3352.jpeg
      IMG_3352.jpeg
      229.9 KB · Views: 54

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It is really unbelievable to me just how aggressive some of these board members and supporters of this setup are regarding a subject that is somewhat ancillary to the core mission of educating children in more relevant subjects like mathematics, science, English, etc..
    Well there’s your problem. You’re fundamentally misunderstanding the MoCo school system’s core mission. It’s indoctrination in the service of preserving that lovely shade of deep dark blue that blankets our hills and dales from river to reservoir.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****You know what? This is a great point and I wonder myself how this situation does not violate that act. I would think someone more in the loop like Norton or Smokey would perhaps have a better idea regarding this. I don't see how some of this can be legal as there is deliberate obfuscation in addition to outright hostility to the very people who have trusted the "system" to best provide a good education to their children.

Once again, On Point.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    There was a closed meeting on an unrelated topic and the protestors of this topic showed up. They are reported to be about 1K strong but a minimum in the hundreds.

I’ve been following this it’s a very interesting face value event. The protestors are essentially 95% minority. MoCo (silver spring) was just voted like most diverse city. Now these minorities that value religion don’t want these things taught in school. However the counter protestors (all 15 of them) were white.

Couple this with Kristin Mink basically saying Muslims side with Neo-Nazis it’s like portions of the white members of the community are trying to force their thought process on the minorities.

All around it’s a bad look.

This is what is needed. Not sure if the same event but someone posted a video of a large group of an Ethiopian community I think protesting for the right to opt out of certain curricula.

Muslims are fighting back as well in some states.

White Christian’s are the evil boogeymen but what will they do when other Abrahamic religions or ethnic backgrounds push back more and more.

I’m convinced (maybe hopeful) more as each day goes by that liberal white hetero women are in for a rude awakening and will have to console themselves with their wine infused virtue signaling tea parties that they really don’t know what’s best for everyone.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

If I was a parent, I would go and insist on attending the meeting. I’d happily be arrested and then legal hilarity would ensue.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    How can the government tell any natural person (set aside the parental rights argument for a moment) that they must participate in a lesson/training/brainwashing? Under what authority?
    The over reached worked during covid, why should the tyrants not keep their new authority that we gladly handed them.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If I was a parent, I would go and insist on attending the meeting. I’d happily be arrested and then legal hilarity would ensue.

****I know you are a happily married man but if you got arrested and ended up hiring the finest MDS legal minds available that you would end up with two chicks at the same time money *plus* perhaps have enough left over for an open bar tab at an MDS meetup place like Pub Dog, unless @Alphabrew decided on another venue for the next meetup as he is doing pretty good on the "Who should pick the next venue" poll... :thumbsup:

two.jpg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Up here the relatively conservative school board was going to have a meeting about LGBTWTF things, the protests and messages were basically what could be expected, they decided to make it virtual "for safety". Parents showed up at the board on another meeting night before the scheduled virtual one, blocked the board from entering, rowdy protest, then the whole thing was just cancelled. There is nothing that will make decent people justify extreme measures and violence faster than F-ing with our kids.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    There was a closed meeting on an unrelated topic and the protestors of this topic showed up. They are reported to be about 1K strong but a minimum in the hundreds.

I’ve been following this it’s a very interesting face value event. The protestors are essentially 95% minority. MoCo (silver spring) was just voted like most diverse city. Now these minorities that value religion don’t want these things taught in school. However the counter protestors (all 15 of them) were white.

Couple this with Kristin Mink basically saying Muslims side with Neo-Nazis it’s like portions of the white members of the community are trying to force their thought process on the minorities.

All around it’s a bad look.
    WOW! I didn't realize how right you were!

Check out the pastiness of all the pride umbrella toters at about 1:40 in!

:rofl:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I see from the video the school is trying to say the alphabet stuff is not 'curriculum'. I think anything the school exposes or allows to be exposed to the children is curriculum or content that is out of the control of parents. That's why it's BS. Like the one MCPS parent was saying you can't opt out of what I call 'exposure'. I disagree with that, especially when the school is actively allowing/presenting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom