• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Makes MoCo sense....

School District Bans Parents From Board Meeting on Policy Restricting Parental Rights​

Montgomery County Public Schools is set to hold a meeting Tuesday evening, and instead of its usual policy of opening the meeting to the public, the district said in a statement it is limiting it to "scheduled speakers, invited attendees, and other guests." The district cited concerns over "safety" as reason for the limitation.

The board will discuss a policy that forbids parents from pulling their children out of lessons they find inappropriate. Parents filed a lawsuit last month against the district for not being allowed to remove their kids from lessons on gender orientation and sexual identity. The parents, a Muslim and a Christian family, argue the prohibition violates their First Amendment religious rights.
    "The School Board’s recent about-face strips away [a] long-standing protection of parental rights," according to the lawsuit. "This violates not just Maryland law and Board policy and practice but also the United States Constitution."

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    They are deliberately provoking a violent reaction.

I hope no one falls for it.

*****Those parents who can move their kids out of public school will - others will unfortunately face remarkably strong reaction against a virtual avalanche of administrators, very vocal parents, and teachers who will just shout them down or outright cancel them out and fail their kids or cause them *much* grief and anxiety over this situation.

I can't imagine too many kids of a formative age will be able to resist the tremendous peer pressure from their "friends", the teachers, the media, and others to simply conform. I bet quite a few defy their parents wishes on this and it drives a wedge between many of the kids and their parents who will lose that fight in many cases.

The people encouraging some of the parental rights infringements are the true believers and will use their bully pulpit and other resources to bear down *very* hard on the parents that continue to push back.

If there is any violence that comes from this - at least in MoCo - it will be the parents of the kids they are trying to keep from being indoctrinated and exposed to the gender orientation and other such classes that go against their religious or moral beliefs that will be fined, or ultimately have their kids taken away, or they themselves just get thrown in jail, lose their livelihoods, etc..

The left is vicious and they play for keeps. I'm sure some parents will not back down - but I don't see them getting their way on this subject. The time for pushing back on this was 15-20 years ago - and that ship has sailed. The left *owns* education, at least public education from nursery school through post-graduate school in Universities. They have played the long game on this and every successive new generation of teachers and educators seem to be more and more to the left as older teachers retire, are pushed out, or quit.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****Those parents who can move their kids out of public school will - others will unfortunately face remarkably strong reaction against a virtual avalanche of administrators, very vocal parents, and teachers who will just shout them down or outright cancel them out and fail their kids or cause them *much* grief and anxiety over this situation.

I can't imagine too many kids of a formative age will be able to resist the tremendous peer pressure from their "friends", the teachers, the media, and others to simply conform. I bet quite a few defy their parents wishes on this and it drives a wedge between many of the kids and their parents who will lose that fight in many cases.

The people encouraging some of the parental rights infringements are the true believers and will use their bully pulpit and other resources to bear down *very* hard on the parents that continue to push back.

If there is any violence that comes from this - at least in MoCo - it will be the parents of the kids they are trying to keep from being indoctrinated and exposed to the gender orientation and other such classes that go against their religious or moral beliefs that will be fined, or ultimately have their kids taken away, or they themselves just get thrown in jail, lose their livelihoods, etc..

The left is vicious and they play for keeps. I'm sure some parents will not back down - but I don't see them getting their way on this subject. The time for pushing back on this was 15-20 years ago - and that ship has sailed. The left *owns* education, at least public education from nursery school through post-graduate school in Universities. They have played the long game on this and every successive new generation of teachers and educators seem to be more and more to the left as older teachers retire, are pushed out, or quit.
    You summed up what I refrained from saying up thread, Max.

You did a better job of it, thank you for how you explained things. This LONG CON game, is the message I have preached against for years on here now.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Maybe they will come up with some kind of parent representation review board to be allowed to attend.
    200w.gif

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    They are deliberately provoking a violent reaction.

I hope no one falls for it.
    There was a closed meeting on an unrelated topic and the protestors of this topic showed up. They are reported to be about 1K strong but a minimum in the hundreds.

I’ve been following this it’s a very interesting face value event. The protestors are essentially 95% minority. MoCo (silver spring) was just voted like most diverse city. Now these minorities that value religion don’t want these things taught in school. However the counter protestors (all 15 of them) were white.

Couple this with Kristin Mink basically saying Muslims side with Neo-Nazis it’s like portions of the white members of the community are trying to force their thought process on the minorities.

All around it’s a bad look.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    There were Mennonite’s in Canada many (40-50) years ago that fled to Central America . They say the Canadian government was trying to force their children into public schools. I know a man that was born and lived his first 10 years in a dirt floor house, no running water or electricity in Central America. He talks highly about his parents and grandparents for making sacrifices to protect their children.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The link below was found within the link posted by the OP.

It discusses the lawsuit filed by parents who want their kids to be able to opt out of the LBQ stuff:

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Hide in your basement the entire campaign. (Biden/Harris v Trump)
    Refuse to debate. (Hobbs v Lake)
    Ban parents from School Board Hearing (MoCo)

Fvcking cowards from the top of the dung heap to the bottom.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    The protestors are essentially 95% minority. MoCo (silver spring) was just voted like most diverse city. Now these minorities that value religion don’t want these things taught in school. However the counter protestors (all 15 of them) were white.

I'd almost feel bad for them, but in general those groups voted for these people to run their lives.
    Screenshot_20230628_211828_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom