• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    School board doesn't want to hear any more about their lgbtq curriculum, because so many are opposed that it's interfering with the program.

I suppose you could make it an issue at the next school board election; see how many folks you could find to run against the MoCo anointed, and watch what would happen when the opposition candidates declared themselves.

Yep, run out of the county on a rail, if not doxxed, physically attacked and subjected to harassment in any public space. There aren't that many "activists" but they are tacitly supported by the county officialdom.

I'm starting to see more "for sale" signs than usual around the area on my nightly dog walks. Probably no connection, though.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    From the "Things That Will Never Happen" file: Need a mandate than 90% of any education board be comprised of parents with children in the school system. Also ban anyone who served as a bureaucrat in any school system.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****You know what? This is a great point and I wonder myself how this situation does not violate that act. I would think someone more in the loop like Norton or Smokey would perhaps have a better idea regarding this. I don't see how some of this can be legal as there is deliberate obfuscation in addition to outright hostility to the very people who have trusted the "system" to best provide a good education to their children.

It is really unbelievable to me just how aggressive some of these board members and supporters of this setup are regarding a subject that is somewhat ancillary to the core mission of educating children in more relevant subjects like mathematics, science, English, etc..

Where is the enforcement of already long established law regarding this?

MaxVO2, I am not some kind of expert or even a person with firsthand knowledge, but wanted to speak regarding your statement in paragraph 2... Heck, I've never even had kids to worry about having parents' rights.
    It is really unbelievable to me just how aggressive some of these board members and supporters of this setup are regarding a subject that is somewhat ancillary to the core mission of educating children in more relevant subjects like mathematics, science, English, etc..

In another thread, myself and another member were throwing about the words education and learning. He raised objection or split hairs a bit on the "definition of education" I used vs. how the term "education" is applied today.

Not only do I agree with you, Max, that educators should be about the business of teaching Johnny how to read... But I feel how, much like we were also taught the 3 R's in school and life lessons in our homes, these are well rounded, real life skills. I've told a little of my family background where from a young age, I had to learn about stuff like mental breakdowns ( my dad) and dysfunctional family life, his alcoholic father who had 11+ children and was dirt poor, beat and abused grandma and my aunts and uncles and dad. Conversely, my stepdad had a hard working mom and stepdad, and in their 70's-90's, an uncle and aunt that lived in the same house as his mother or another uncle and aunt in the house across the street.

My education and learning came both from decent schools and teachers in the Balto Co, system, plus me being a sponge to all the lessons learned from our family here in Md, My mom and Dad's families in PA and OH, and my Stepdad's family in De. These lessons were both positive and negative experiences.

None of my extended family ever made it past high school. However, my Stepdad took more than enough college classes to learn all he could and do well working for CSX. My Biological dad also worked for CSX but in a lower position due to his level of schooling and being content in the job he had vs any drive to get promoted. Dad was one of 11, and was the only sibling to earn a college degree. Most of my aunts and uncles made it into High school but I am not sure how many ever graduated. Me, I made it through 4 years to get my BA at WMC ( sorry McDaniel, I do not recognize your woke BS institution) My college is now dead to me.

I guess my point is, yes there are some smart, well educated youths today, who are able to make significant contributions to American society here in 2023. BUT if parents are forcibly and illegally kept out of the educational lives of their kids like MoCO is trying to do, MoCO is definitely pushing an agenda whereby control is the end result. MoCO appears to be trampling all over parents' rights, US Citizen's rights as per the Constituion, and not pushing education and learning. The tactics of MoCO seem akin to doing the bidding for those who are greasing their palms and perpetuating their jobs. Certainly not putting the best effort into TEACHING kids how to learn, and then having them learn the necessary things to survive in society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom