• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Can you pick 34 states that would step up to call for one. I see Cali, Hawaii, MD, DE, NY, Conn, Mass, RI, NJ, Ill, Minn, CO, WA, maybe OR, blocking. States in play would be Mich, Ind, Ohio, LA, NH, VT, Maine

Let's clarify that I think it is to soon for that. We have the court and we have the electoral fight.

You may or may not get to 34 States. But given that not even one has to my knowledge ever passed such resolution it will send loud reverberations though Washington. More to the point without a sunset clause they can sit like political landmines.

The best way to show that you are serious about state sovereign ty and 10 a is to get the ball rolling.

It will take so long that every new state that joins or talks about joining will gain leverage in Washington for that alone.

Think small states. thinks states ignored my the presidential race. Once the game starts there will be a tendency to try and shake down Washington.. It will increase the leverage of rural Gun friendly states.

And don't forget ca wants legal mj and gay maragige NY ca want to kill the 2a.. Etc so they may even try to game the system their way.

For example put an end to equal rep in the senate.

This is a dangerous game. But when people are fool enough to talk about civil war its time to realise how many choices we have before we get near that point.

I want the 10a. Respected I want the 2a repectesd and I want government to respect its limits.

I am just pointing out the next level in the fight,god help us if we even get there.

I like our chances in court.;)

Update:
    I was wrong

There have been 400 petitions
    And

"
    Most recently, there has been a major movement to pass a federal balanced budget amendment. Unable to get action in Congress, supporters again turned to the convention method of amendment. To date, those behind the balanced budget amendment have convinced 32 states to submit convention petitions to Congress. Backers of the amendment need only two more states to compel Congress to call a convention."

http://www.crf-usa.org/america-responds-to-terrorism/do-we-need-a-new-constitutional-convention.html

So we need someone to start the no sunset clause part.

Or 2 more states need to get pissed off.

Thank you Obama care....

I think we are a lot closer than I had hoped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom