• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    "I just read the Missouri law that passed their state legislature. Folks, this is nothing short of amazing and it might be the first real shot fired in the conflict brewing between the states and the federal government over the destruction of the 10th Amendment. This is the clause from the new bill that's so amazing:

3. (1) All federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people's right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.

(2) Such federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations include, but are not limited to:
    (a) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1934;
    (b) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968;
    (c) Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all other goods and services which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
    (d) Any registering or tracking of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
    (e) Any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
    (f) Any act forbidding the possession, ownership, or use or transfer of any type of firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition by law-abiding citizens; and
    (g) Any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens.

This new law not only nullifies future federal gun laws in the state of Missouri, it nullifies the Gun Control Act of 1934 (NFA) and the Gun Control Act of 1968.

This just got VERY interesting. If Eric Holder panicked about the Kansas law, he's probably giving birth to a cow right about now."

Quoted from the Military Arms Channel:thumbsup:

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I used to live in the great state of "misery" -- if the weather didn't suck so bad, I might move back!

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So in MO you need not register SBRs, SBS, AOW, supressors. I guess you still need to go through ATF for NFA items but to MO they are just firearms?

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Doesn't this only mean that state and local officials would not enforce the federal laws, but federal agencies could still come in and do it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Doesn't this only mean that state and local officials would not enforce the federal laws, but federal agencies could still come in and do it.

No bill essential states that any federal enforcement of laws infringing on the 2A would make their jurisdiction null and void.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The only way this has teeth is to also vote for a resolution calling for a constitutional convention, without, and this is key, without a sunset clause.

Do that and it really is game on. For now this is just noise due to the modern interpretation ( or misinterpretation) of the supremacy clause,

It just a shot across the bow.... form now.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN

From the snippet the local Sheff would not be allowed to do anything to help the Feds. In fact the law would require him to arrest any federal agent that try to in force Federal law.

This law is likely going to see it day in federal court if it stands it will allow MO gun manufacture to sell New Machine Guns to the public in the state of MO but those wouldn't be allowed to be taken out of the state of MO under any reason because at that point the Feds could step in. Note only Guns made in the MO would be allowed but depending on how the federal laws are defined someone could very easy just ship parts into the state then assemble the parts and call it manufactured in the state.

Thanks
    Robert

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This is the kinda stuff that will restore 2A rights.
    Not hastily marching across a bridge into DC with loaded rifles...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The only way this has teeth is to also vote for a resolution calling for a constitutional convention, without, and this is key, without a sunset clause.

Do that and it really is game on. For now this is just noise due to the modern interpretation ( or misinterpretation) of the supremacy clause,

It just a shot across the bow.... form now.

A constitutional convention is way too dangerous!

Nothing stops a con-con from scrapping the current constitution or bill of rights, and replacing either of them with a communist manifesto.

Good for the people of Missouri!

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

Nothing stops a con-con from scrapping the current constitution or bill of rights, and replacing either of them with a communist manifesto.

Especially in this modern Enlightened Age of "gimme mine cuz I deserve it"

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

The entire result would need to be ratified. Its all or nothing, and it is one stop short of civil war. It would not be binding until ratified,and if not ratified sovereignty would return to the states. So as the only president says-- the const would only be binding among the states that ratified.

Will Texas be among them?

If the confederacy had taken this approach instead of going to war, we might be two nations now. :)

Some points
    1. the treat of a convention is powerful.
    2. No sunset clause means they must vote again to de cock and other states have no rush if they want to join.
    3. The cc is a big hammer, but it does not need to be used unless the alternative is civil war.
    4. There are people talking nonsense about civil war.
    5. What if they did try an make a communist country all a once instead of inch by inch-- ca, NY, MA -- lets assume only blue sates join. They don't even have common land borders. :) I like our chances for the rest of the union... I would lose my house in NY ( frankly its already a negative asset) and would need to emigrate to The free nation, but that's likely anyway.

Used as threat, and as an alternative to civil war -- which is even more "way too dangerous" cc is very useful.

Trust me when states start invoking sovereignty and the 10 th amendment, talk of constitutional convention is not far behind. And has likely started behind the scenes.

If the fed does not blink and it will not, what do you do. -- no one thinks there will be a civil war, but a constitutional convention is possible -- that may bring the fed to reason.

Hears hoping they blink, if they do not I, am ready to think about a cc, long before I would even think about a civil war...

Food for thought....

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    do you realize how hard it is to get a constitutional convention since has to be called for by Congress. I daresay in today's political climate that this is all but impossible based ont he numbers needed.

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games
    This is awesome! The way I'm reading it, they set it up differently than Kansas did.

Kansas based it off the interstate commerce regulation, so it was specifically addressed for firearms manufactured and sold in the state of Kansas.

Missouri is basing the fact that the Constitution as guaranteed by the 2nd amendment shall not be infringed. The 10th amendment is null because Congress would be violating the 2nd amendment.

Someone correct me if I'm way too confused

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    do you realize how hard it is to get a constitutional convention since has to be called for by Congress. I daresay in today's political climate that this is all but impossible based ont he numbers needed.

Congress may call it. But when 2/3 of the states make such resolution then congress "shall " call for a convention .

This is from memory so when I have a chance I will look it up and confirm...

Fwiw

Callaconvention.org

WWW crf-usa.org

Check it out...

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Congress may call it. But when 2/3 of the states make such resolution then congress "shall " call for a convention .

This is from memory so when I have a chance I will look it up and confirm...

Fwiw

Callaconvention.org

WWW crf-usa.org

Check it out...

Can you pick 34 states that would step up to call for one. I see Cali, Hawaii, MD, DE, NY, Conn, Mass, RI, NJ, Ill, Minn, CO, WA, maybe OR, blocking. States in play would be Mich, Ind, Ohio, LA, NH, VT, Maine

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Jethro! Out of the cement pond! It's time to move!
    b472f7e0.jpg

Martha, We're headed for the Misourri territory!
    wagontrain.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom