• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Colt still does it, at least they do to 1911's. Its not cheap though. Fords Refinishing offers a royal blue too I believe.

Most of the pictures on the Ford's sight are pretty bad (the pictures, not the finish) so it is hard to get a good idea of their work. There are a couple that look very nice though.

Back to the filing of the front sight. I'm thinking maybe put a small C clamp on it where I want to stop filing and then work down to there. Is that a sound plan or is there a better way to go about it?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    How Ruger suggested it on my brother's MKI, file just a hair off, check POA/POI, and file again until your where you want to be.

Although in your case that may not be feasible.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Most of the pictures on the Ford's sight are pretty bad (the pictures, not the finish) so it is hard to get a good idea of their work. There are a couple that look very nice though.

Back to the filing of the front sight. I'm thinking maybe put a small C clamp on it where I want to stop filing and then work down to there. Is that a sound plan or is there a better way to go about it?

Sounds good. Going slow is best.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It makes me sad when people misuse metal files...

I know, especially when they dont clean them or put protectant on them.

I keep mine in a jar of solvent like barbers do with brushes. When I remove them I wipe them down then ise a file card on it. Once done I use a file card again and out them back into my jar of solvent/protectanr. I find that the files last longer , dont lead up as bad, and are easier to clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom