• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Looking for a trailer to clean up and use for hauling stuff that won't fit in my truck and what not. I checked out Craigslist but they all seem to be over priced or scrap worthy. Any leads on who might be unloading a trailer?

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    There is a guy in Charlotte Hall in SOMD that sells them. He's an insurance salesman but sells military stuff on the side. I think his number is (301) 884-7122

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I have this if interested.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382565444913.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1382565444913.jpg
      87.1 KB · Views: 345
    • uploadfromtaptalk1382565459100.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1382565459100.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 336
    What do you want to spend? I think my neighbor still has one (1 1/2 ton) desert camo for around a grand.There's a guy in Harwood/Lothian that always has 1 or 2 for sale among other things (he just sold a helicopter) pm me if you want his number.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    There was a guy selling one in his front yard near Reisterstown off 140...not sure if it's still for sale or not

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I've read that some guys pick them up for $500 or less. I'm still looking into the different models of trailer to figure out what's best for me. My truck only has a 5000lb towing capacity so a trailer that weighs the least would be best

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    no not on Craigslist. The model of this trailer is a M101A2. Here are some specs I found on the net from this site.

http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_m101_trailer.php

M101 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton.

The M-101 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton is a single axle, two wheel, steel frame cargo trailer designed to be towed by a 3/4 ton or larger truck. A welded steel box body is bolted to the frame. The body is equipped with a tailgate and mounting brackets for cargo racks and a frame for a tarpaulin cover. A steel A-frame is bolted to the frame with an attached one-position lunette, landing gear, and two hand brake levers. The M101 is designed to operate on all types of roads, cross-country terrain, and in all weather conditions. There are no restrictions on the M101 for movement over primary and secondary roads, however, it is restricted to a maximum speed of 15 mph when towed cross-country.

The M101 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton, was manufactured in the 1950s and 1960s as the trailer for the M37 3/4 ton cargo truck. Multiple manufacturers produced the trailer under a series of contracts. The M101 remained in use for decades as a general cargo trailer towed by any of the commonly used military vehicles rated for 3/4 tons or more.

The M101A2 wheel lug pattern matched the M880 truck and had tubeless tires. The M101A3 one ton trailer was towed by the HMMWV when the HMMWV was introduced in the mid-1980s. To improve performance and simplify logistics, the M101A3 trailer included modifications such as a longer axle and increased ground clearance, and was fitted with HMMWV wheels and runflat tires.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    no not on Craigslist. The model of this trailer is a M101A2. Here are some specs I found on the net from this site.

http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_m101_trailer.php

M101 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton.

The M-101 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton is a single axle, two wheel, steel frame cargo trailer designed to be towed by a 3/4 ton or larger truck. A welded steel box body is bolted to the frame. The body is equipped with a tailgate and mounting brackets for cargo racks and a frame for a tarpaulin cover. A steel A-frame is bolted to the frame with an attached one-position lunette, landing gear, and two hand brake levers. The M101 is designed to operate on all types of roads, cross-country terrain, and in all weather conditions. There are no restrictions on the M101 for movement over primary and secondary roads, however, it is restricted to a maximum speed of 15 mph when towed cross-country.

The M101 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton, was manufactured in the 1950s and 1960s as the trailer for the M37 3/4 ton cargo truck. Multiple manufacturers produced the trailer under a series of contracts. The M101 remained in use for decades as a general cargo trailer towed by any of the commonly used military vehicles rated for 3/4 tons or more.

The M101A2 wheel lug pattern matched the M880 truck and had tubeless tires. The M101A3 one ton trailer was towed by the HMMWV when the HMMWV was introduced in the mid-1980s. To improve performance and simplify logistics, the M101A3 trailer included modifications such as a longer axle and increased ground clearance, and was fitted with HMMWV wheels and runflat tires.

Maximum towing speed of 15mph? Hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom