• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    Don't know why you guys are replying, bottom of email specifically says:

"Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating e-mail account is not monitored.
    If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit the comments page of my website here.
    If you would like to get regular updates, please sign up for my E-Newsletter here.
    Please follow me on Twitter"

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    I received the same lie! Walking to her Salisbury office today to address the situation. AAAHHH!

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

"Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating e-mail account is not monitored.
    If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit the comments page of my website here.
    If you would like to get regular updates, please sign up for my E-Newsletter here.

Its hard enough to read her garbage. Adding her disclaimers just doesn't always get attention :lol:

Sent my same response via her website.

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    What the hell is high capacity ammunition? These idiots don't have a clue at what they are talking about...they just regurgitate, or try to, what they heard someone else say....MORONS!

Well the term "high capacity ammunition" brings to mind military 45-70 loads that were used during "the Indian Troubles" and prior to that in muzzle loaders. :rolleyes:

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Got the same thing, I want to reply and ask if high capacity ammunition is when you load two bullets into a casing.

do they not proof read or just not understand?

I was going to do that until I realized at the bottom it says "do not reply to this email the address is unmonitored."

Fvcking d-bags...silence, stomp, silence, and ignore.

zyo81

Jan 6, 2013
    Most replies I've gotten can be summed up with "Thanks for writing this email I had someone filter. Ill do whatever I want regardless of the constitution."

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I also received the canned response from Barbara Mikulski. This is my reply and although I'm not as eloquent as some on here, I believe she will understand where I stand on any attack on the 2nd amendment, in any form.

Unfortunately you make ambiguous statements assuming I am unable to read and understand the English language. Banning what you erroneously categorize as assault weapons violates the 2nd amendment which you claim to support. And the only time I have personally seen an “assault weapon” on the street, a military person or law enforcement had it. Gun restrictions would have not PREVENTED the Connecticut shootings as I am sure you are aware of. The 2nd amendment guarantees me the right to own and bear arms to protect myself against foreign and domestic enemies.

You reference the Connecticut shootings in order to generate sympathy and outrage, which is deplorable. Have you seen the official police report from the Connecticut school shootings, if so could you forward a copy to me? How do you propose to keep firearms out of the criminals hands? How do you propose to make criminals register their firearms? How do you propose to make criminals limit the capacities of their magazines, how do you propose to make criminals acquire insurance? How do you propose to make criminals pay any fees. In fact, how do you propose to make criminals obey any laws. When I mention criminals I am also referring to the mentally ill individuals who may commit criminal acts.

I served 26 years in the U S Navy upholding our countries constitution as our founding fathers wrote it. I don’t agree with my constitutional rights being restricted for any reason.

Respectfully,

From: senator@mikulski.senate.gov [mailto:senator@mikulski.senate.gov]
    Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:10 PM

Subject: [SPAM]Gun Control

Dear Mr.:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on gun control. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

I am horrified by gun violence in our country. The shooting that occurred on December 14th in Newtown, Connecticut - the murder of 20 sweet, innocent children and the six adults who died protecting them - is an unthinkable, terrible tragedy. I join with all Americans during this tragic time in extending my deepest condolences to these victims' families, who are facing an incredible amount of grief and heartache.

Now more than ever, we need to work together to make sure another tragedy like this never happens again. I support the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. I also believe that we can take steps to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those with mental illnesses without infringing on the right of law-abiding citizens to buy firearms.

That is why I believe that we must take a substantive look at various proposals to strengthen background checks and get assault weapons off our streets. This includes reinstating the Assault Weapons Ban and limiting the use of high capacity ammunition. I have also continually supported extending required background checks at gun shows to help keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals. Your views will be helpful to me as we further consider this issue.

While we need to look at gun control, I believe we must also look at the mental health issues that plague our nation. We need to make sure that people have access to the services they need. As a senior member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, I fought for over ten years to get mental health parity passed so that all Americans suffering from mental illness could have access to the treatments they need. We also need to find better ways to treat, or even cure, mental illnesses. That's why I am such a strong supporter of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). I will continue to fight to improve and expand mental health services.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with me about this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with in the future.

Sincerely,
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    United States Senator

Unquote

Excellent response. For as much as I know it won't change Mikulski's mind, I will send her a similar response, as I always do, hoping to at least plant the seeds of doubt in her staffers that actually read my note......

shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    Got the same thing, I want to reply and ask if high capacity ammunition is when you load two bullets into a casing.

do they not proof read or just not understand?
    She didn't write -- or read -- this message. On the other hand, if she did write it, it would have been a lot worse...what a moron she is!

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County

I missed that at first and replied. Then I used the link to her web site, and sent it through that route. It may not be read, but I did my part as an involved citizen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom