• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    At least the editorial gets the facts straighter than the MSM. The writers do not seem to be drinking the Kool Aid.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

It's all a scam to give the Dems fuel to write more gun control legislation. And now they have their 60 votes in the Senate we'll probably be seeing this sooner rather than later.

First is going to be a form of 'registration' to track guns. This will be sold as helping to reduce the violence in Mexico and thus America's drug problem. They will say if we can only track where guns are in America then they can prevent them from crossing the border.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I think the real push for gun control won't come until Obama's second (God help us) term. He's bright enough to know that any major legislation could ruin his chance for reelection as well as toss the supermajority out of Congress. I can see a sweeping ban/ammo tax/handgun registry/etc in his next term, if there is one.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    We need more exposure to the myth of 90% of guns in Mexico come from the U.S.
    Also I like this paragraph:

Journalists don't always repeat these lies in bad faith. Often they publish untruths as a combination of journalistic ignorance of firearm features and laws, and anti-gun loathing common to the "metrosexual" class. (emphasis mine)

We need to spread the truth and inform the ignorant.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Maybe not. If Americans wake up and put conservative and moderates in Congress, there will be no gun bans whatsoever, regardless of a second term for Barack Sheikh Obama.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    We need more exposure to the myth of 90% of guns in Mexico come from the U.S.
    Also I like this paragraph:

I mentioned this in another thread but could we through a FOIA request get some real facts on this? Didn't the US Government send a lot of guns to Mexico's government so they could fight the war themselves? How many (if not all) were either stolen, sold or freely given to the Mexican anti-government groups? That had to have shown up on some report somewhere in the US's government. Where can we find it?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Not sure about this source and link, but interesting read nevertheless...

The Department of State has weighed in officially on whether the sale of military weapons to Mexico through U.S. private-sector arms exporters might be a source of the high-caliber firearms now being employed by drug trafficking organizations in the bloody drug war south of the border.

The response is not very reassuring.

The U.S. State Department oversees a program that requires private companies in the United States to obtain an export license in order to sell defense hardware or services to foreign purchasers — which include both government units and private buyers in other countries. These arms deals are known as Direct Commercial Sales [DCS].

According to an analysis of the DCS reports, some $1 billion in defense hardware was approved for export to Mexico via private U.S. companies between fiscal year 2004 and fiscal year 2007 — the most recent year for which data was available.

U.S. officials in recent months have attributed the rising firepower of Mexican narco-syndicates — who now are in possession of military grade firearms and explosives — to smuggling rings being supplied through fraudulent purchases at gun shows, gun stores and from gun dealers inside the United States. But the magnitude of military hardware flowing into Mexico legally through the DCS program, coupled with the well-documented, extensive corruption within the Mexican military and law enforcement agencies, has prompted concerns that the DCS program itself may well be a major source of the U.S. military munitions now in the possession of narco-trafficking groups.....[more]
    http://narcosphere.narconews.com/no...es-mexico-sparsely-monitored-state-department
    In addition, all firearms licenses approved by [the State Department] for commercial resale in Mexico are exported to the Ministry of Defense (MOD), Mexico. The MOD is the import authority for firearms and is also responsible for licensing of Mexican firearms dealers. Upon receipt of the firearms, the MOD transfers the firearms to the end-user authorized on the [State Department-issued] export license.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Exactly! So the firearms may indeed be coming from the US, just not straw purchase sales that they are implying but rather from our own government, or from authorized sellers to the Mexican government. How convenient of them to leave that little part of the story out.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think the real push for gun control won't come until Obama's second (God help us) term. He's bright enough to know that any major legislation could ruin his chance for reelection as well as toss the supermajority out of Congress. I can see a sweeping ban/ammo tax/handgun registry/etc in his next term, if there is one.

I almost wish this would happen. If it did, it would fail. We've all seen here how gun control fails.

If the Dems did this, and it failed, it would be like opening up a howitzer on their gun control position. It would destory their credibility on the subject forever.

Not only that, you could destory them for putting all these people out of jobs and ruining local economies.

You could have a field day without even touching on the 2nd amendment part of it.

TOWcritter

Self Sufficent Sovereign
    Mid-Term elections....Vote them all out....Democruds and Repubicans...200 years is enough. They have screwed it up enough. They have had their chances. Time for some old time politics and religion. Jeffersonian. Libertarian. Constitutionalist. Damn...we could even give the Whigs a try again. The self serving, politician as a career bull has to end now. VOTE THEM OUT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom