• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    I have heard a few people ask about pricing, and am curious myself. I understand if it can't be quoted exactly, but I would like to know a ballpark. Is it $2K+ like the NRA course, or is it $100.00, or somewhere in between?

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I have heard a few people ask about pricing, and am curious myself. I understand if it can't be quoted exactly, but I would like to know a ballpark. Is it $2K+ like the NRA course, or is it $100.00, or somewhere in between?

Ed has asked me to not disclose the new price. However, if you look at the first post in this thread, the price is listed from last year. The price is a little higher than last year but not double the price. Even at double the price I think it is reasonable.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    If anyone else is interested in a 2-4 person group, I am willing to do the legwork to set up an intermediate/advanced class with Ed. Just let me know.

Hey Yoshi, me and a +1 are in for the intermediate class. Happy to chat about specifics - dates, rides, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    What price point are we at? Or does it depend on dates? I have a few interested guys who aren't online that would come down with me.
    No need to operate in the dark, my contact information is posted above and I am generally pretty good about answering questions. Because this is a limited offer, I am not publicly publishing these special event fees but will privately quote your group. Pricing for the general public is posted publicly on the Central Virginia Tactical website.
    ...a few interested guys who aren't online...
    I apologize for any misunderstanding, but I will clarify now that these special events and the special pricing associated with these special events is for Maryland Shooters Forum members only.

Perhaps this was simply alluded to when we discussed this being an MDS event (like in the thread title) for members and hasn't been clearly spelled out, but now it has.

This event and special pricing for this "MDS Long Range Class" is for MDS members.

The only differences between this year and last year are that:
    a) the fee went up a little to better cover our assistant instructors' expenses, and
    b) I am not trying to manage these groups myself or with Pinecone's assistance and I am not reserving dates ahead of time. I am having you organize your own groups and dates are on a first come, first serve basis, as I would normally do.

Otherwise, everything is the same and anyone who considers coming out or posting to this thread should actually read the thread before posting. There are numerous useful comments by many members and I have posted gear lists and other info throughout that would answer many questions.

*** If anyone is interested in scheduling a group of non-members, I would be delighted to provide a quote for a non-MDS member group, but I cannot extend this promotional pricing beyond our membership here. Our regular fee structure is on our website as well. ***

On another subject, several folks have asked about lodging here and we do not currently offer the extra cost option of 'bunking with CVT' as listed on the site. At the beginning of the thread (post #15), I suggest finding local lodging and that I can provide a list of suggestions/comments:
    I'd suggest finding a place to stay down here and saving your energy and attention for the class, ESPECIALLY if I-95 is how you plan to travel. For those who wish to stay in the area, PM me with your email and I'll send a comprehensive list of places with short descriptions.

Thanks guys, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Ed

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Thanks for chiming in Ed. I didn't realize that this was a special MDS class, so it makes sense on pricing, group organizing, etc.

It looks like myself, freebird, and a couple of others are in for a second beginners class. Hopefully we'll get our stuff together and make it happen.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    No need to operate in the dark, my contact information is posted above and I am generally pretty good about answering questions. Because this is a limited offer, I am not publicly publishing these special event fees but will privately quote your group. Pricing for the general public is posted publicly on the Central Virginia Tactical website.
    I apologize for any misunderstanding, but I will clarify now that these special events and the special pricing associated with these special events is for Maryland Shooters Forum members only.

Perhaps this was simply alluded to when we discussed this being an MDS event (like in the thread title) for members and hasn't been clearly spelled out, but now it has.

This event and special pricing for this "MDS Long Range Class" is for MDS members.

The only differences between this year and last year are that:
    a) the fee went up a little to better cover our assistant instructors' expenses, and
    b) I am not trying to manage these groups myself or with Pinecone's assistance and I am not reserving dates ahead of time. I am having you organize your own groups and dates are on a first come, first serve basis, as I would normally do.

Otherwise, everything is the same and anyone who considers coming out or posting to this thread should actually read the thread before posting. There are numerous useful comments by many members and I have posted gear lists and other info throughout that would answer many questions.

*** If anyone is interested in scheduling a group of non-members, I would be delighted to provide a quote for a non-MDS member group, but I cannot extend this promotional pricing beyond our membership here. Our regular fee structure is on our website as well. ***

On another subject, several folks have asked about lodging here and we do not currently offer the extra cost option of 'bunking with CVT' as listed on the site. At the beginning of the thread (post #15), I suggest finding local lodging and that I can provide a list of suggestions/comments:

Thanks guys, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Ed
    Fair enough. Not a problem

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Has anybody heard from Ed recently? He last sent me a message about a week ago but haven't heard since - I've got a group ready to go and hoping to get a date set.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Same here. I was corresponding with him on Sunday about getting a group together. Waiting to hear back on dates.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Sorry for the delay guys, been out of town...again...

Everyone who has sent messages should have received a reply.

Thanks All!

Ed

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Folks - I fair amount of peeps have expressed interest in the intermediate/advanced class... Unforntunately I am limited to 1-day of training. If you want two, please consider reaching out to Ed with another group of shooters.

I have reached out to Ed concerning the following possible dates: 4/8, 4/9, 5/6, 5/7; and will wait his reply. Of course we can adjust those, but we'll start there.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    If there is anyone wanting to take the 2-day beginner class, I have one or two slots open in the one I am heading up. It will be 15-16 April, which is Easter weekend.

If you are interested, please PM me.

DigDug

Oct 21, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I am unable to attend the class that NatBoh is organizing on April 15-16.

If anyone else has a beginner's class forming on an alternative date please let me know.

If there are others interested in the possibility of forming an additional class please message me and I will attempt to facilitate its organization.

Thanks

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    Intermediate Class

Yoshi or anyone else interested in an Intermediate class or an opening in their group please PM me.

I'm interested and pretty flexible on availability.

thanks

Dennis

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I am unable to attend the class that NatBoh is organizing on April 15-16.

If anyone else has a beginner's class forming on an alternative date please let me know.

If there are others interested in the possibility of forming an additional class please message me and I will attempt to facilitate its organization.

Thanks
    Interested in a beginner class as well but that weekend likely wont work for me either. Im supposed to be in florida on a family trip.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

DigDug

Oct 21, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I am going to attempt to organize another beginner class. The time frame will be late May or mid June. Please PM me if you're interested in either of those time frames and I will let you know the exact dates available. If I get enough initial interest I will attempt to hold whichever date is most popular.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Out of curiosity what designates a beginners from an intermediate/advanced class?

Intermediate/advanced students make wind calls?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Out of curiosity what designates a beginners from an intermediate/advanced class?
    That's a fair question and well worth discussion.

Quite honestly, these classes are intended to provide an opportunity to experience long range rifle work and are not planned as part of a coordinated class sequence. We are allowing shortcuts and skipping material to make this affordable for you, both in terms of cost and in time.

Since the "Beginner's Class" was an abbreviated "Introduction" and we did not fully complete our standard three day "Basic Long Range Precision Rifle" class, the next step done under these conditions should be more properly thought of as "Extended Basic" or possibly "Intermediate" and not as "Advanced".

Our normal "Basic Long Range Precision Rifle" class is three days long, limited in size and we barely have time to cover everything we need to do at that. To think that a large group can come near making the progress we can make under those conditions in only two days in lieu of three is not realistic.

Imagine the difference if you come to class with me alone, and we spend three full days intensely working on just *YOU*, vs sitting in class with 5-6-7 others, blasting through this stuff as fast as everyone can get it just so we can get enough range time to actually work our way out to "long range". Spending half your time watching others shoot and/or work through their own problems. Doing it that way forces us to not let "perfect" get in the way of "good enough", if you know what I mean. My normal first day of the basic rifle class is 8-9-10 hours of classwork, one on one, then two full range days of screaming, yelling and ridicule gentle, intensive coaching while you shoot and work out issues. When students leave here after the basic class, they are usually exhausted and saturated, and expressions like "trying to drink from a fire hose" are sometimes used.

The Intermediate level guys have been here before or are already experienced in long range and/or precision rifle work. We will not be fitting rifles, working on marksmanship fundamentals or spending much time in class. You will be expected to show up with fully operational equipment, know how to operate your gear, build solid shooting positions and shoot sub-minute groups without wasting the group's time fooling with stuff more properly covered in the basic/intro stages.

The plan is to work on spotting, wind calls, follow up shots and more challenging targets, with a lot of emphasis on making good wind calls for both yourself and others.

Again guys, take this for what it is, an affordable intro to give those with limited experience and opportunity a chance to stretch out their gear and talents.

If you wish to truly study long range precision and get as much out of it as possible, you are encouraged to sign up for regular classes, with me or with someone else, so you can cover this stuff as thoroughly as it and you deserve. To take multiple abbreviated classes will necessarily leave holes in your skill set and you will not have a fair assessment of your ability.

Information on our regular, full length, full intensity classes is at the site:
    http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com/

Dan Newberry (Bang Steel) offers a great class, Tom Perroni is a good guy and Peacemaker also offers long range work, so don't think I'm trying to talk you into anything with just me... If you want to get serious, then get serious. It's for you own good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom