MDS Challenge Coin Giveaway - In Honor of Bikebreath.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    Greetings all. In honor of my cousin Bikebreath who passed late last year, I would like to give away (2) MDS challenge coins. I’ll keep the thread open for a few weeks, then draw 2 responses by RNG. Each will receive 1 coin. First # drawn gets their choice.

If there’s a story or anecdote you’d like to share, feel free. That said, a simple “I’m in” will suffice as an entry. For the sake of fairness, please limit entries to 2 per person.

Miss ya Doug…

Attachments

• IMG_9945.jpeg
      IMG_9945.jpeg
      286.9 KB · Views: 81

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I am NOT in. I will however say that Doug was one of the few active MDS members who I legitimately called a friend. Many years ago he took professional quality photos of my guns, wouldn't take a dime for his work. He was just a genuinely kind and funny guy and he is missed.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Not in. Just wanted to say he very kindly reached out to me, a total stranger, and offered his help in a time of need.

Very grateful, and much respect.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Welcome back.

Doug was good people. I'm glad that I had the pleasure of making his acquaintance on several occasions. He seemed a genuine, funny man. The world needs more people like him.

I am not in for the coins, though seeing the one on the right reminds me that I have one very similar to it. I believe it pre-dates the 2013 version, though.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I did not have the pleasure of knowing Doug. From all I have heard I missed out, and wish I had.

I was going to say I'm not in, but noticing the 2013 date on the coin, as a noxious 13'er myself, I decided that I am in.

Thank you for your generous offer.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Not in, but great gesture!

Doug was the first MDSer I met in person, at an Open Holster Rally in the summer of 2010.

We crossed paths driving down West Street, each pointing out the other's MDS shield sticker, and grinning like idiots.

We became good friends, even though we hardly saw each other IRL.

We did run into each other at the State Fair just after I retired, IIRC, and he hit it off with The Missus as well.

We miss you, Mr Breath.

Last edited:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I'm in. Doug was one of my first students and also a member of Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club for a few years. I had many discussions with Doug about how to chose the correct recreational bike and we had an on-going discussion on bike lanes. I miss those discussions the most!

Not in, but I have a good Doug story...
    I work in Druid Hill Park where Doug frequented on his bike. Every time I came up behind him, I would start screaming obscenities and told him to get off the road. He was clearly flustered- every. single. time. Once he realized it was me, he would start laughing.
    This happened dozens and dozens of times over the years.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Not in, but I have a good Doug story...
    I work in Druid Hill Park where Doug frequented on his bike. Every time I came up behind him, I would start screaming obscenities and told him to get off the road. He was clearly flustered- every. single. time. Once he realized it was me, he would start laughing.
    This happened dozens and dozens of times over the years.

:lol:

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I did not know Doug but, he liked guns so I liked Doug

In please

Nobody

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Doug was a good guy. We used to bump into each other at the Bel-Loc at breakfast. I am so happy I had the chance to sit and chat with him at the Essen one last time.

I am not in but I do appreciate the generosity.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Not in, but I have several good memories with Doug.
    He was great help creating the first set of Sandwich Boards I used in Annapolis, and setting up the Open Holster Rallies.

I miss him. Rest in peace, my friend.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Only knew him on here, feel sorry for your loss, I'd be honored for a chance to add the coin to my wall of coins I've collected between the Marines and the FD. In Thanks.

dh0824

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    I'm in. Did not have the pleasure of meeting Doug, but his beloved memory certainly carries on through his kind actions shared by our fellow MDS members. Thanks!

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I did not have the pleasure of knowing Doug , strange writing that name down since it is my own name as well, but may he R.I.P and enjoy the company of all the Rainbow Bridge MDS Dogs that are up there waiting for us. I am in

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom