• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    The voters that voted for these idiots didn't see it coming I think. I teach hunter safety and if the parents of the kids knew that their kids could not buy ammo, travel with ammo or a gun,that this would make them criminals they would be irate. They don't understand what has happened. But when their kids start getting arrested because they wanted to go to grandmas farm and hunt. You don't mess with peoples kids.

Did that part of the bill stick? Per MSI "• Minors may continue to possess ammunition" http://marylandshallissue.org/share/SafetyActFAQ.pdf

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    My bet is that he was waiting for one of two events: (1) BHO coming to town to allow MOM some ass-kissing time or (2) movement on Capitol Hill regarding gun control measures to show national support to bolster his ass-backwards policies at the state level.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Seems that he would actually have to Veto it.

And his time is running out to do that. He could just let the 30 days run out and be able to say "I never signed it. It was not me. :innocent0".

It was Enrolled Passed on April 4, 2013, I believe.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    From what I understand, it is already going to become law whether he signs it or not. The signing is apparently just a photo op and no longer a necessary part of making it the law. I don't remember where I read this, I think it was on these forums somewhere.

You are correct but until he signs the bill he can still veto the bill. If it looks like the Democrats have taken to much of a beating in the polls and they are concerned that the Republicans could possible pick up a few seats and who know maybe the state house they might take a tackle retreat but I say the changes of that are slim to none.

Thanks
    Robert

jwise

Jan 29, 2013
    Referendum would work if somehow Montgomery, PG, Balt Co, and Baltimore city didn't have it on their ballots.

Cyndi59

I'd put money on the NRA at the blackjack table..since we now have table games.I hope we beat the table and walk away with our winnings..going with the referendum if it was dice and crap out as liberals was hoping we do.O'Malley..put up your best player if you have one,I'm sure we will have ours.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Now for the crazy question. We get a injunction and the law is paused as it goes through the court systems. Someone is able to buy a firearm that is on the list after the cutoff date as it is not the law at that point. If the law somehow gets upheld, what happens to that person and the firearm?

I thought the crazy question was going to be "We get an injunction". That was crazy enough. I am seriously doubting any type of injunction is going to be put in place until this is resolved, but crazier things have happened.

That would be better than a referendum to stall this thing because it would give the less fortunate years to make the money to buy some of what they would like, versus a year on referendum.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yep, a criminal law cannot be applied retroactively. PERIOD. A person cannot be made a criminal for something that was not a crime when he/she did it.

Except the addition and application of PBJ. If not expunged by October 1st, and it was for a violent crime, then you are a prohibited person until expunged and would be required to surrender your firearms.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    Except the addition and application of PBJ. If not expunged by October 1st, and it was for a violent crime, then you are a prohibited person until expunged and would be required to surrender your firearms.

Well technaclly under Maryland law now You should not have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom