MD Shooters "Not a Trap League" Trap League---- Harford area but all are welcome!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    They were doing a lot of "cleaning up" from the others who let thinmgs run to loose. APG rules state they need 2 ROs on the skeet range and 1 for trap. That wasn't happening before hense the changes. They lookerd the machine over when we were done and found it droping the birfs to earily and sliding out away fron the throwing arm causing it to hit the bird and not slinging it. They did appogize many times about not being able to open the trap range before you arrived. They are remaking the schedule so that 3 ros will be there opefully next week. Cedars is close for me, but I like the lack of crouds at APG. The ROs loosened up after we were donr and seamed very reasonable. When the trap machine gets repaired I say give it another try. Remember you wern,t there. At 6:00 and we shot a. Round of skeet before we went to shoot trap then with the machine not throwing it was aggrivating but we were late because only two of us were there on time. They will have a RO at the trap range, throe and keep scorewhen they get up and running again. If they can't accomidate us then, hell ya, go elsewhere!sorry for typos, I hate blackberrys. I think its my turn. Never0mind I will just miss anywayts

I wouldn't say things were "loose" before hand-- I think it is politics trying to make the old guys look bad... I never felt unsafe at all before, but wasn't totally comfortable with the new guy practically taking loaded guns out of shooters hands.... The new guys revealing the hearsay "record" of the other volunteer when he wasn't there to defend himself was also sketchy at best....

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    I wouldn't say things were "loose" before hand-- I think it is politics trying to make the old guys look bad... I never felt unsafe at all before, but wasn't totally comfortable with the new guy practically taking loaded guns out of shooters hands.... The new guys revealing the hearsay "record" of the other volunteer when he wasn't there to defend himself was also sketchy at best....

I missed this. Care to fill me in a bit on the PM?

Tstras

Not a Junior Member
    Jan 16, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Who's good for Cedar's tonight---6:30-7 o'clock ish???????

Do we know if they got the machine fixed?

I'd feel bad not showing up after we told them we come every Thursday and that they would try to make sure they have enough rso's. Try being the key word.

With that said, I have no problem going to Cedar's.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Do we know if they got the machine fixed?

I'd feel bad not showing up after we told them we come every Thursday and that they would try to make sure they have enough rso's. Try being the key word.

With that said, I have no problem going to Cedar's.

I felt bad last week only to be told we couldn't shoot trap ( at first) after shooting there all fall and winter.... I felt bad last week after only being able to get one round in after spending 30 minutes longer there than he ever had previously.... If the machine was truly broken and not just wet pigeons, it still needed to be fixed for others, so I plan on having fun at Cedars tonight where we won't get jerked around... we might get a gun pointed at us by some middle aged lady, but hey- it wasn't loaded.....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I felt bad last week only to be told we couldn't shoot trap ( at first) after shooting there all fall and winter.... I felt bad last week after only being able to get one round in after spending 30 minutes longer there than he ever had previously.... If the machine was truly broken and not just wet pigeons, it still needed to be fixed for others, so I plan on having fun at Cedars tonight where we won't get jerked around... we might get a gun pointed at us by some middle aged lady, but hey- it wasn't loaded.....

It was kind of a Charlie Foxtrot last week. I think the new RO was kind of thrown into it, and wasn't happy. He could have handled it better. He did loosen up after you left. I think he was an OK guy. I'm sure he was hypersensitive because of all that had happened with the last guys. They have rules there that weren't being followed, and it is a military base. It appears the machine IS broken. Being the nosy bastard that I am I was watching what they were doing. I hope to make it to Cedar's tonight. I am way behind now, so I might be seeing you next week.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    It was kind of a Charlie Foxtrot last week. I think the new RO was kind of thrown into it, and wasn't happy. He could have handled it better. He did loosen up after you left. I think he was an OK guy. I'm sure he was hypersensitive because of all that had happened with the last guys. They have rules there that weren't being followed, and it is a military base. It appears the machine IS broken. Being the nosy bastard that I am I was watching what they were doing. I hope to make it to Cedar's tonight. I am way behind now, so I might be seeing you next week.

I see how it is-- " He lightened up after I left".... It's always MY fault.....:D

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Waiting is the one of the main tagged words in clay shooting. You either wait because of how slow the club moves squads, some place is packed full of people or because the equipment is broke.

methlab

Mar 18, 2011
    Northern Harford County

We will be waiting for you because it's your turn again!!! And maybe you wouldn't be behind if you would get off the computer and see patients!

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    well you are GWB arn't you.

Tom-- We had fun tonight and agreed Cedar's is a better facility than APG, so I think we're there for the duration now--- you're welcome to shoot with us!!!
    Lighting was much better, and they keep a nice fire going in the clubhouse, PLUS they make bacon sandwiches!!!!! What more can you ask for????

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    Tom-- We had fun tonight and agreed Cedar's is a better facility than APG, so I think we're there for the duration now--- you're welcome to shoot with us!!!
    Lighting was much better, and they keep a nice fire going in the clubhouse, PLUS they make bacon sandwiches!!!!! What more can you ask for????

More bacon. And me, there, next week.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I will show up when I can, tonight I didn't get hme from work until 1800 and just got done with computer work. Man working sucks but someone has to do it. :D All kidding aside I am so glad I have a job. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom