• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr H

Banana'd
    After Action Report
    The shop:
    LOU's inventory is - well even thought its slim, Lou obviously has discriminating tastes there are several things in Lou's shop I'd like to buy.
    That said, I hope to never have to drive to Lou's shop again cus from eastern Harford county that sucks

The Pistol:
    I LOVE the way the engraving turned out HE did a great Job. I'm not even pissed that Spot never posted a mockup so we could know what we were buying.
    bought sight unseen this is rapidly becoming my favorite toy.
    I will take my first chance to shoot it tomorrow and will post a range report.

Agree on all counts.

Looking at getting out to On Target Sunday morning 10-ish to try mine out.

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    got it all put together... looks great! hopefully I'll be able to get to the range in the next couple of days to put it through its paces.

thanks to everybody who made this happen!

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    My slide won't drop with the slide release when the empty mag is in....anyone else's? Gonna try another mag when I get one, but for now this is all I have.

Gun looks great though.

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    My slide won't drop with the slide release when the empty mag is in....anyone else's? Gonna try another mag when I get one, but for now this is all I have.

Gun looks great though.

Mine has the same issue. It's very stiff. Try it with a snap cap in the mag, and it should work fine.

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA

Gun looks great though.

My RIA 1911A1 does the same thing on occassion. I think it's the magazines more than the gun.

Nov 14, 2010
    Kingsville, MD

Gun looks great though.

My two tone tactical does the same thing, all the time, even with CMC mags. Does it really matter? You just have to pull the slide back a little bit.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Added some cold blue to the exposed part of the engraving. Protects the steel and gives it that "stealth" look, haha:

CIMG1582-nopn.jpg

phil

Oct 25, 2008
    Edgewood, MD
    you guys with your slides make me jealous.
    Almost got my slide on Tuesday but with no one home to sign for it I have to wait til Saturday to pick it up at the post office. Then off to the range (i hope).
    A friend at work had the idea of protecting the engraved area by painting it with a fine "artist" brush in the silver, white, gold, etc. and then scraping the surface with a cloth wrapped around a credit card to keep the edges sharp. Wonder how that would look?

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if the cold blue solution would stain the parkerizing or not, so I went slow...applied with the end of a toothpick and wiped off quickly, then repeated until it looked consistent.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    When I first got the slide I was a little concerned about the condition, it seemed splotchy and blotchy with a few scratches on it. I guess they can be polished out and the slide buffed, but the engraving was great !

It was comfortable shooting it for the first time, the sights are off, it shoots low and to the left. Even with small hands it felt great and cycled flawlessly. The recoil is tempered by the solidness and quality of parts and engineering.

Two :thumbsup::thumbsup: to Lou for all the ball breaking, patience and humor conducting this "Group Buy", not to mention the efficiency and perfect outcome. Thanks, Lou ! :party29:

1.jpg

P1010241.JPG

L.jpg

cbrenner

Jan 31, 2011
    Behind the Iron Curtain
    Just put the first 50 rounds through mine at lunch. Man is it SCHWEEEEET! definitely shoots better than me. Only one FTF and that was the last round on the second mag. I also notice that after a few magazines the stiffness in the slide release without a mag in went away. I had the same problem before I shot it.

Thanks to all that made it happen. I am in love.:heart::D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom