• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    Nonsense, the general public could care less about the HPRB, few if any voters other than us even know what it is. There is zero percent chance the happenings at the HPRB sway the election away from Hogan. I am not saying whether he will be re-elected or not but HPRB won't cause him grief at election time no matter what they do.

I agree the general public could care less about the HPRB but disagree that their decisions cannot have an impact on the next gubernatorial election.

Someone is apparently watching the goings on. My state senator has no reason to lie to me when I had a conversation with her over various issues of concern to me.

If it is perceived they are making it easier to get a permit there will be commercials similar to Brown's AR's under the tree. Certainly can't say it could sway an election but it will have an impact.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I agree the general public could care less about the HPRB but disagree that their decisions cannot have an impact on the next gubernatorial election.

Someone is apparently watching the goings on. My state senator has no reason to lie to me when I had a conversation with her over various issues of concern to me.

If it is perceived they are making it easier to get a permit there will be commercials similar to Brown's AR's under the tree. Certainly can't say it could sway an election but it will have an impact.

Well within the realm of possibilities.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Only if you mean sway it in our favor. The second round of Baltimore riots with some regular citizens being attacked could turn things in our favor as well. Of course that would be horrible if it happened. The last round of commercials didn't work. A new round won't work either. The HPRB is completely insignificant at election time except to the few of us that care about our rights. You seemingly expect the general citizenry to pay attention to what happens in our government. They don't pay attention. That is why we are where we are. That is why first time gun buyers have no clue what hurdles have been created by the people they voted for until it is too late. That is why the last governor was able to slip 40 plus tax/fee hikes through and still serve two terms. Who cares that he ripped off the citizens with the furniture scandal? A small handful of us, that's who cares. The general citizenry doesn't even care that the public servants in Annapolis have no interest in service but spend every waking minute thinking of new ways to Lord over us. Only a handful of us care.

The HPRB and scary gun commercials will have no impact on the next election unless it is an impact that is favorable to us. If Hogan loses it is because he is effectively being neutered by the General Assembly over sour grapes and fails at his policy initiatives as a result.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Did anyone notice that there seemed to be a rapport with one of the nominations and Sen. McFadden? Coincidence? Also, Miller tried throwing a bitch fit and then abstained from voting and putting his displeasure with the appointments on the record via vote. What a coward!

I have no tolerance for the shenanigans going on. I have more, but need to practice discretion for my own good and others within view of this.:mad54:

You mean like Bro to Sis, and I'm not talking about you? :lol2:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I mean like they had discussed the board, former chairman Thomas and the perceived "trend" of the current board.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    While this has been true in past, I suspect Miller (and others) may force a individual vote (or even one by commission/board) to bring forth the issue of how Hogan is making it easier for folks to carry how it goes against the MGA work to promote gun safety.

And if I was Hogan. I was just say "BS. The HPRB was established by the MGA, remove it if you don't like it."

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    First McFadden doesnt seem to be capable of postulating an articulate comment. It may have something to do with him paying more attention to what is at the bottom of his glass. He sounds drunk every time he opened his mouth. He also seemed to insinuate that he knows something, which seemed even less likely with every word that came out of his mouth. No matter what was said or the topic of discussion he felt the need to say the same things over and over. I think he asked 1 question and made 12 statements, all of which were the same, "I heard on the street ... wah wah wah ... shifting right ... wah wah wah ... im going to be paying clooooose attention to this". As if he has some sort of street cred. And then to suggest he is going to pay attention to something that didnt have a string, lots of powder, and a hundred dollar bill is laughable. Id like to know what he is smoking, cuz its gotta be some good shiiite. Also it seems that MSP is infallible and that the board is only to rubber stamp whatever MSP decided, oh wait isnt that what they were doing before? Im glad written law and statutes where there just for show, similarly the constitution.

Ms. White needed to just shut her mouth, or for anyone coming before the board maybe she should have kept talking and talked her way right off the board. If McFadden was actually paying attention to anything maybe he wouldnt have given her such a hard time. But then again grand standing for political points never really cared about what reality and truth.

Right now the MGA is doing everything in its power to make Hogan look bad. It hasnt been working to this point, his approval rating is hovering around 70%. This is just another tool for them to achieve their goal, remember all those ads with guns sitting at the playground and leaning on a tree in your neighborhood. Worked so well they felt like trying to pull those ads back out for 2018. Lets see what Friday will bring.

Right on. Courtney talked way too much...should have kept her responses brief and to the point. Found myself holding my breath as to what she was going to say next. McFadden is a douche! He's typical of what comes out of that cesspool.

Lew--Ranger63

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Right on. Courtney talked way too much...should have kept her responses brief and to the point. Found myself holding my breath as to what she was going to say next. McFadden is a douche! He's typical of what comes out of that cesspool.

Lew--Ranger63

I did not understand why she kept opening doors.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    A question: will the floor vote be for the approval of the board as a group, or for the individual members separately. That is, could they approve some and reject others, or will the board "live or die" as a group?

It should be for all, but they can (and have in the past) pull out certain nominees for further floor debate and discussion before approval, separately from the list.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I did not understand why she kept opening doors.

It could have been nerves.

I don't know her, but I've seen people get up to speak and they just keep bouncing off walls saying whatever comes to mind because they're scared and unpracticed.

Or it could have been something else less non-nefarious.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I disagree, "word on the street" is what they hear and believe from their constituents.

...My guess is the decisions of the new board will be under close scrutiny. Too many reversals will come back to haunt Hogan in the next election.

I agree on both counts. And I strongly suspect Miller's (and the Other Mike's) so-called constituents "on the street" consist of Mike Bloomberg, his bank account, and his paid flunkeys and hacks. And the occasional random Maryland resident. In that order.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Good riddance. They are political appointees with no guts. They are extending ancient Marvin Mandel infringements on modern day upstanding Marylanders. They simply don't read or know history, or understand policy, or embrace the arc of 2A jurisprudence over the last 20 years.

They are just worriers worrying, and fretters fretting.

^^^^ THIS! WORD!

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom