• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    As I have said before......carrying that deposit bag with cash and deposit slips at all times to make you think you are fulfilling your restrictions is going to get you in trouble. Trying to convince an LEO or judge that you were carrying a gun at 3AM in Denny's or Double T because you had deposit bags, cash, and slips in the car is not going to work. It will cost you your permit, probably ban you from gun ownership, and now, from what I have been reading over the last week or so, it is going to involve more serious criminal charges. ;)

So I see... this is one of those if you can't beat em, join em kind of things... time to apply for police academy :P

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    But you can carry in PA on a permit issued by an approved state. I/E Utah.

Soon PA will only give permits to people that have permits in there home state . One exception is you might get is that if your state does not have a permit system . So soon Utah or Florida will not work in PA. This is how i understand it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Please provide a cite for PA not honoring UT NR permits in the future. PA does not honor FL now.. Nothing about UT I've seen. Just rumors

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Soon PA will only give permits to people that have permits in there home state . One exception is you might get is that if your state does not have a permit system . So soon Utah or Florida will not work in PA. This is how i understand it.

Welcome to the forum. This subject has been beat to death in previous threads. You can use the search button to get up to speed on the subject.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Please provide a cite for PA not honoring UT NR permits in the future. PA does not honor FL now.. Nothing about UT I've seen. Just rumors

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=4451&&PageID=462424&mode=2

Read the second paragraph . I do believe they are changing a bit in the way they issue permits . I also believe it has alot to do with Money . They get 20 dollars for each permit . They get nothing now for the permits if it is from another state . IMHO . I have read it over and over and cannot come to any other conclusion.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have read it numerous times. As of now UT is still honored because they will not issue a NR permit to a person if they do not obtain a home state permit first if one is available That prevents PA residents from carrying on a UT permit. Problem solved. FL and VA had no requirement for this. This is why reciprocity for NR permits was lost.

From the UT CCW app:
    NON-RESIDENT PROOF OF PERMIT

If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah
    CFPor has reciprocity with Utah,, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your
    home state and submit a copy of it with your
    application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states
    visit: http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html
    Residency will be determined by your state-issued
    identification.

If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=4451&&PageID=462424&mode=2

Read the second paragraph . I do believe they are changing a bit in the way they issue permits . I also believe it has alot to do with Money . They get 20 dollars for each permit . They get nothing now for the permits if it is from another state . IMHO . I have read it over and over and cannot come to any other conclusion.

That's based on getting a PA permit not carrying in PA with an accepted out of state permit.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    So I see... this is one of those if you can't beat em, join em kind of things... time to apply for police academy :P
    No, this is one of those, if you cannot follow the restrictions on your permit screw it up for others and probably go to jail, kind of things.

Sorry, but IMO, not following the rules on your permit will end up biting us all in the ass in the long run. CC in MD is an uphill battle as it is, so permit holders violating their restrictions will just make it steeper. In Maryland, CC is a privelage granted by the state, it is not a right. Breaking the rules will just cause the state to get even stingier(if possible) with granting us that privelage.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Welcome to the forum. This subject has been beat to death in previous threads. You can use the search button to get up to speed on the subject.

You do not need to be rude ......It is people like you that make it hard to work towards a common goal . I came into the room and commented on a subject. I am sorry to the room . But please do not be rude you cannot be rude and be a responsible gun owner . Thank You best wishes to you.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

So why stop issuing non-resident permits? That defeats what you suggest is the problem.

Certainly, being contiguous to MD, they must know about Maryland's ridiculous permitting system.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    So why stop issuing non-resident permits? That defeats what you suggest is the problem.

Certainly, being contiguous to MD, they must know about Maryland's ridiculous permitting system.[/QUOTE

I am sorry for commenting on this subject . Please move on . I was pointing out what i knew or thought i may have know . I will say it again i think StraightShooter was rude in his delivery of a post here . And abrasive IMO .
    We will never get to where we want if this rudeness exist . I am on your side i want it fixed . I have the ability to carry in 42 states . I don't have too at this point worry . But i want to protect my rights and everyone in the country and this state of Maryland . I donate various monies to the cause.Best wishes to you .

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    As of now UT is still honored because they will not issue a NR permit to a person if they do not obtain a home state permit first if one is available That prevents PA residents from carrying on a UT permit. Problem solved. FL and VA had no requirement for this. This is why reciprocity for NR permits was lost.

So, basically you're saying UT "understands" the dilemma for Maryland residents, and PA doesn't but nevertheless accepts UTs rationale?

States that want to stop their residents from carrying on an out-of-state permit could make things so much easier.

I held a PA permit for years and lost it last year when Harrisburg "cracked" down. A county sheriff knew MD's problem and issued to me based on that understanding.

While I'm at it I'll add CO and MI as two more problematic states. They could issue non-residents permits to anyone holding permits from any state, make money on a sure bet transaction, and gain tourist $ to boot.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 223

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    So, basically you're saying UT "understands" the dilemma for Maryland residents, and PA doesn't but nevertheless accepts UTs rationale?

States that want to stop their residents from carrying on an out-of-state permit could make things so much easier.

I held a PA permit for years and lost it last year when Harrisburg "cracked" down. A county sheriff knew MD's problem and issued to me based on that understanding.

While I'm at it I'll add CO and MI as two more problematic states. They could issue non-residents permits to anyone holding permits from any state, make money on a sure bet transaction, and gain tourist $ to boot.

Yes they do and continue to issue a NR permit to a MD resident because of MD's MAY ISSUE policy. They also issue because MD does not recognize theirs.I assume PA is aware of this as well since there is no prohibition on UT NR permits held by MD residents.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    My understanding of this is simple: if your state does not recognize or have reciprocity with Utah then you are not required to obtain your states permit before applying and receiving a Utah Non-Res permit, if you meet the Utah requirements. Maryland does not recognize or share reciprocity with any state.

Not sure if PA has same policy, but they do still honor Utah Non-Res.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012

It would be nice if PA took the same, simple position that Utah does (i.e., issue a non resident PA permit to MD residents because MD does not accept PA permits.)

For now, at least, a MD resident can carry in PA on a non-resident Utah permit. The end result is the ability to carry in PA.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    6 states do not recognize any NR permit.

FL, CO, MI, SC, NH, ME

SC will issue if you own property there. I believe NH and ME will issue permits to NR's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom