• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Yea, I got mine Saturday. Per the MSI email, I'll be putting together whatever I think I have for G&S and send it in.

We should reply with something put down for G&S and make them say 'no, that doesn't fit our description of G&S'. And keep your correspondence in case it is needed for future legal action.

This is not unexpected, unfortunately. Now we just keep pushing it with G&S, and when they deny us, ask for their reports and ask for an appeal. None of us should let up. We want to give them as much of a fight as possible, and gather as much info on the rejections as possible.

Mj45

Feb 4, 2013
    I sent my app in yesterday, hopefully it won't be added to the stack.

Well I can say that it's not sitting in a pile somewhere collecting dust. My employer and references were interviewed via phone on May 9th, which was 11 business days after MSP received my application. The questions my references and employer were asked pertained to violence, alcohol, and if they had a problem with me having a hand gun permit. I received a call today (May 13th) from the investigator conducting my background investigation and he spent a total of about 10 min asking me questions. The first part was verifying my personal info, second part was criminal history, drug use, alcohol consumption, firearms training, what firearm I was planning to carry and why I wanted a permit and why am I applying now. After all of that he asked to speak with my wife who was asked 3 questions. 1. Was she aware that I applied? 2. Did she have an issue with it? 3. Has there been any domestic violence in the house? The investigator told me they hired a new unit to handle all of the applications to include the backlog of apps that were old as well as new. He told me I should here something within the next 60 days. This appears to be moving along pretty fast. I hope this pace keeps up and I get approved soon.

JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    I applied about 8 months or so ago with a G&S reason and was still denied. My fault, I didn't follow up with the appeal. I wish now I did ! The Trooper said their wasn't a imediate threat and the reason for my denial was the subject lived in another county and was in jail for 1.5 years.

Go figure, my G&S will hold up in other states I'm sure.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I applied about 8 months or so ago with a G&S reason and was still denied. My fault, I didn't follow up with the appeal. I wish now I did ! The Trooper said their wasn't a imediate threat and the reason for my denial was the subject lived in another county and was in jail for 1.5 years.

Go figure, my G&S will hold up in other states I'm sure.
    A G&S like that is all left up to opinion. If you really think you had a good G&S how come you did not go the appeal route?

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I just submitted my application today. I was sure to include numerous deposit receipts which show cash deposits that avg over $1000 ea. I did not have to but I also included invoices to our vendors which avg. $4k each for 2 months! Hoping that is enough of a G&S reason!

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    I just submitted my application today. I was sure to include numerous deposit receipts which show cash deposits that avg over $1000 ea. I did not have to but I also included invoices to our vendors which avg. $4k each for 2 months! Hoping that is enough of a G&S reason!

Very similar to my app. You will more than likely be approved, although with restrictions!

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Thanks! Do they list your name of business on the restrictions? Or does it just say something like, "restricted to named business, bank and home"?

My restriction says "Valid only between residence and xxxxxxxxxxx (name of business) or while actively involved in financial business transactions as owner of same. (Maryland only) Not valid where firearms are prohibited."

From what I understand, this language is fairly standard for business owners. Considering the restrictions, I was not all that excited when I received it to be honest. Good luck with yours!

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    My restriction says "Valid only between residence and xxxxxxxxxxx (name of business) or while actively involved in financial business transactions as owner of same. (Maryland only) Not valid where firearms are prohibited."

From what I understand, this language is fairly standard for business owners. Considering the restrictions, I was not all that excited when I received it to be honest. Good luck with yours!

Ah well. Always easier to apply and add to a permit so at least getting a base one will be helpful.

Just carry a deposit bag with cash and deposit slip with you at all times ;)

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

I have a company CCP it states the same thing . Our company applied for 4 permits one of which was non-res. And received all four in about 47 days from mail to mail .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have a company CCP it states the same thing . Our company applied for 4 permits one of which was non-res. And received all four in about 47 days from mail to mail .

Also i want to add even with the restrictions i am happy with mine . What it does it gave me the ability to get PA in 5 days . You cannot get PA unless you have your home state Permit

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Also i want to add even with the restrictions i am happy with mine . What it does it gave me the ability to get PA in 5 days . You cannot get PA unless you have your home state Permit

But you can carry in PA on a permit issued by an approved state. I/E Utah.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Ah well. Always easier to apply and add to a permit so at least getting a base one will be helpful.

Just carry a deposit bag with cash and deposit slip with you at all times ;)
    As I have said before......carrying that deposit bag with cash and deposit slips at all times to make you think you are fulfilling your restrictions is going to get you in trouble. Trying to convince an LEO or judge that you were carrying a gun at 3AM in Denny's or Double T because you had deposit bags, cash, and slips in the car is not going to work. It will cost you your permit, probably ban you from gun ownership, and now, from what I have been reading over the last week or so, it is going to involve more serious criminal charges. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom