• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Does anybody know any vendors online that have a MD arms 20rd saiga drum in stock? Can't find one anywhere..

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    MD Arms almost completely vanished months ago. Their website isn't even up anymore. No one is quite sure what happened.

That said, Saiga-12.com has a couple left. The Pro-Mag drums also work passably well, especially the 12rd ones.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    They're worth that much?
    Is there anything suitable in its' place. I was looking at the 12rd mags, but wasn't thrilled. Didn't like the promag either. At least online.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They're worth that much?
    When they first came out, they were selling like hotcakes at double the price. Just wanted to put this in perspective...

Is there anything suitable in its' place. I was looking at the 12rd mags, but wasn't thrilled. Didn't like the promag either. At least online.
    Personal opinion? 8-10 round magazines are where it's at. Everything else is too big or too heavy.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Ordered one from botach. We'll see what happens. I just wish I got a couple when they were $80 from md arms.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Personal opinion? 8-10 round magazines are where it's at. Everything else is too big or too heavy.

I solved that problem by having Tony Rumore chop 11" off of my barrel.

photobucket-33158-1340488053736.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Uh huh. Clearly, I must be a total wuss because I like a light gun...

Chopping 11" off your barrel doesn't make the drum any less heavy or less unwieldy. Arguably, it makes it worse, because now you have to hold the handguard closer to the drum, which makes for some contortions.

Same here.

Too bad about MDArms going away. Those drums are neat, but a tad on the big side. I have one as a shooter, and four more as investments/spares

The ProMags, despite ProMag's reputation for sh!t quality and reliability, run great. I have six of them and every one of them works flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom