• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    Only in Maryland could you find such a confusing fiasco of regulational hemorrhaging as the White tail deer antler / bag limits.

WTF were they thinking !!

WTF were they drinking !!

WTF were they smoking !!

On second thought this could be good for poachers. When the man catches you, you just tell him you where confused. He would have to agree !!

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They will reduce the deer population via birth control for deer. I believe the cost is only $800 per deer birth prevented. A bargain compared to having hunters cull the herd at a profit to the State. :rolleyes:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I agree. It's getting bad. You need an advanced degree in how to read legalese at this point.

These 4 legged rodents are phucking faster than we can phire at them.

Every year, things that are supposed to be enjoyable are becoming more and more regulated.

God forbid they leave us the phuck alone so we can pursue what man is supposed to do by design.

I don't think 6 percent of Maryland's human population is going to magically wipe out the deer population through hunting.

Idiots!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The hunting regs in this state are insane. Plain and simple. Had no idea how insane they were because I had never run into a game warden until my first year in law school. Law school was an eye opener as far as natural resources laws were concerned. Can you believe that the Natural Resources code is two code books and the Corporations & Associations code is only a single book code book. You can get fishing convictions expunged, but not hunting convictions and that is just the very, very tip of the iceberg.

Then, throw in all the federal stuff and hunting can become a PITA if you worry about getting charged with that stuff.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Agreed. One thing that always seemed odd is that 90% of the state is called "Region B."

I always check it very carefully for any changes year-to-year and still sometimes have to read stuff four or five times. Have you ever checked out Virginia's county-by-county regs? They're actually a little simpler once you can understand the strange way they convey the information, but could certainly be explained in a better way. A couple times I've hunted very close to the border of some of those western counties and it can be tricky determining what the deal is from one ridge to the next.

firearms-deer-seasons.png

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    So much law to regulate the control of a single pest. It shouldnt be that hard there is no regulation on how many deer you are allowed to run over with your car. Season is from X to Y and Z deer can be shot per county. Gotta harvest the meat and check in within 12 hrs. All tools allowed. Once Z is reached, season closes.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Region A vs Region B pretty much looks like if you are north or south of either the Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive. Is there more to it than that?

No, it's not actually confusing. It just seemed funny to call the much smaller region "A".

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I read this new stuff and it sounds like one buck can be a dink and the other bucks you take have to have 3 pts on one side- is this right?

Just for fun- trapping seasons are different dates western shore vs eastern shore. Fox, coon, skunk, possum, weasel open nov 1 western side, and they open nov 15 eastern shore. Who and why came up with that?

I will say that for all the mess of the DNR, that at least the game laws aren't too draconian like our gun laws have become. I guess since even stupid soccer moms of Montgomery county can agree that hitting deer is yucky and "someone needs to do something about these deer!" goes from Peta stuff to "kill em all" when it happens to them 1st hand. I'm sure if there were carjackings and armed robberies daily in posh neighborhoods and even 20 cops stationed to the area can't stop it, that these people would demand shall-issue. Hitting a deer can be a bit like a carjacking or armed robbery. They ruin your car and day for sure. A sensitive Bambi lover will feel like hell, like a victim, betrayed by their pretty Bambi. Yes, people hit deer in posh suburban neighborhoods- daily from the deer overpopulation and bad mini van driving skills.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I won't have limit issues this year. I am hunting on mu next door neighbors farm and they have a crop damage permit. All year, no limit.

I'd take a good look at that crp/del. Most have buck restrictions of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom