• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Hey, they are convening a special session in Mid-May.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2012/05/02/maryland-general-assembly-to-hold.html

They say they are only addressing two items (excerpted):

"The session will only address the $500 million in planned cuts, including to education, that are currently in tact as part of the budget, Pugh said. The two-day gathering will likely address raising the state's income tax as part of a plan to generate additional revenue."

Maybe we could apply enough pressure to get something done on this....

Ok, here's where I post my favorite YouTube vide (I believe in miracles). Me = mouse, Cheese = my firearm, Broom = State of MD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-p8bOoFlPo

This is from LAST YEAR......Updated: May 2, 2012, 5:36pm EDT

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Quote from Smigiels FB page:

Hearings for the 8th to look into the Balt. City Jail Scandal may be called off to prevent the public oversight.
    #Mdpolitics
    #tcot
    #Mdreps

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    The FFL does keep the form on hand, that is true. But that is a far cry from the State keeping your records, and a database which COULD be used to confiscate guns in the future.

Right. My point was that we might be able to have the FFL's exchange the info to show we just went through this process elsewhere if we were dealing with more than 1 for purchases.

Colt Justice

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Right. My point was that we might be able to have the FFL's exchange the info to show we just went through this process elsewhere if we were dealing with more than 1 for purchases.

Not a bad idea, but will the state trust info from the FFL's? I mean, the state doesn't trust anyone that isn't the state, and they are nefarious enough to confiscate the records. I'm reasonably sure the BATFE would go along with it if they did.
    I'm just a major skeptic when it comes to the government; state or federal. They don't trust us, and I certainly don't trust them.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Not a bad idea, but will the state trust info from the FFL's? I mean, the state doesn't trust anyone that isn't the state, and they are nefarious enough to confiscate the records. I'm reasonably sure the BATFE would go along with it if they did.
    I'm just a major skeptic when it comes to the government; state or federal. They don't trust us, and I certainly don't trust them.

Did you see my avatar? :D

Hmmm. My line of thinking was along the lines of collaboration among FFL's in exercising discretion... And providing documentation to them to assist in them making wise decisions.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm pretty sure you're not missing it, but I'll restate it for those who might be.

I can't see the State (yes, capital S) allowing the FFLs to do information sharing and will prevent it under the guise of consumer privacy.

However, as we well know, the State is hypocritical.

They already have all this information, and insist on being the handlers of it in as limited a form as they can get away with. This is how they check to make sure anyone who claims to be a Designated Collector is indeed one. Also, why would they have a 1-per-30 limitation on the books with no way to verify it, ESPECIALLY when people go to multiple FFLs??

They know. And now we know they know. And they are out of excuses on why they can't release to verifiable purchasers after the 7 days. I've purchased enough firearms, and talked to Troopers enough to know that they can get all the information they need in under 5 minutes.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    Because they can, most likely.

OK, and there really is a huge surge in the number of guns being purchased.

Personally (as an intermediate step), I would like to see an adjustment in the waiting period rules, where DC, LEO, MIL, C&R, NRA Instructors or public safety who constantly goes through BG checks or has a Clearance are completely exempt from it (provided NICS is clean)... where Joe Citizen who has previously purchased regulated has to do 1 waiting period per year, regardless of how many (again, provided NICS is clean), but first time purchasers must go through the full waiting period, whatever that ends up being.

Seriously... If someone who already owns guns is going to do something stupid, why would they be looking to buy ANOTHER gun, wait 2 months to get it, THEN go on with it?!?!

FIFY

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The FFL does keep the form on hand, that is true. But that is a far cry from the State keeping your records, and a database which COULD be used to confiscate guns in the future.

The State already has a data base. If it's on a Form 77, it's in a data base.

Handgun-data base, AR-15-data base, AK-47-data base, Many many more types of firearms-data base.

Just my opinion, but I think it's wrong. Don't kid yourself. If they want them, they know where they are.

Not saying YOU don't know this, but a LOT of people don't know this.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm pretty sure you're not missing it, but I'll restate it for those who might be.

I can't see the State (yes, capital S) allowing the FFLs to do information sharing and will prevent it under the guise of consumer privacy.

However, as we well know, the State is hypocritical.

They already have all this information, and insist on being the handlers of it in as limited a form as they can get away with. This is how they check to make sure anyone who claims to be a Designated Collector is indeed one. Also, why would they have a 1-per-30 limitation on the books with no way to verify it, ESPECIALLY when people go to multiple FFLs??

They know. And now we know they know. And they are out of excuses on why they can't release to verifiable purchasers after the 7 days. I've purchased enough firearms, and talked to Troopers enough to know that they can get all the information they need in under 5 minutes.

That's right.

Type in name.

Type in social.

Your whole life comes up.

Bad boy---NOGUN4U---with trip to MSP.

Good boy---GUNZIN7---have a nice day.

That simple.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Is there an expiration date on the application? What happens when the wait times exceed 90 days?

*** Who is Ben Ghazi? ***

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Is there an expiration date on the application? What happens when the wait times exceed 90 days?

*** Who is Ben Ghazi? ***

30 days for feds and 90 days for Md. FFL keeps the 4473 in a separate file and sends the 77r back to MSP - according to the ATF and MSP. Who knows what they have really been instructed to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom