• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Bruen.. Page 7--III
    quoted.
    The Second Circuit held that the law was constitutional, concluding, among other things, that the restriction was substantially related to the city’s interests in public safety and crime prevention. See New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. New York, 883 F. 3d 45, 62–64 (2018). But after we agreed to review that decision, the city repealed the law and admitted that it did not actually have any beneficial effect on public safety. S

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    Much as I loathe most of Maryland's legislators, state and local, I have to admit that they in fact respect the will of the people -- at least, the large majority here in Maryland.

We were created a republic to somewhat insulate the government from the will of the mob, but much of the protection has been legislated away, while the government has spent our money on an educational system that has failed, for generations, to teach its students to think. Indoctrination has been the rule, for fifty years or more.
    The will of the people to use tax dollars on frivolous purchases and luxury office accommodations, armed security details and block traffic for their convenience?

Best yet, Charles County Government was closed Feb 12, 2024 so the employees could enjoy the Super Bowl.

Reds147

Aug 4, 2022
    Pasadena
    Whenever the buzzword "common sense" needs to be used to sell something, it is anything but common sense. They want you to think you are an idiot, without common sense, if you disagree with them. Hearing that buzzword from anybody just infuriates me. It is a polite way of saying, "I'm smarter than you and I know what is best for you".
    Common sense to one would mean something else to another....in other words..the " Common sense..can be interpreted differently by different people...Just because a politician claims its " Common sense " doesn't make it so....

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Sometimes common sense is best explained graphically. A picture being worth a thousand words and all that

id imagine that both of these drivers figured they had common sense. Common sense would indicate that at least one was wrong.

IMG_2799.png

Reds147

Aug 4, 2022
    Pasadena
    The will of the people to use tax dollars on frivolous purchases and luxury office accommodations, armed security details and block traffic for their convenience?

Best yet, Charles County Government was closed Feb 12, 2024 so the employees could enjoy the Super Bowl.
    Huh ? Respect the will of the people ? What State you live in..this is Maryland , the Peoples Republic of..

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

I suppose I have to reply to this,as it quoted my post, though it doesn't seem to have addressed any of my points. It may even be possible that you agree with me.

"The will of the people to use tax dollars on frivolous purchases and luxury office supplies" has nothing to do with The People; it's describing the excesses of the government they keep voting into office. There's no reason that the PermaDems don't operate efficiently. It's merely that they see tax dollars as theirs to spend at will, because The People keep OK-ing their spending.

They need armed security, because they're aware that a third of the state hates them, even though they're helpless to do anything about it. The other two-thirds would hate them as well, except they've bought into the Government Knows Best agenda, and can't see around the smoke and mirrors.

Dunno what the traffic & convenience bit is about, but I've encountered the Secret Service Cavalcades in my days downtown, and I always gave the finger to the Last Suburban Trunk Monkey, who was waving me off.

Any time the government is closed is a plus for human freedom.

So the will of the people is being followed, because the people seem to be idiots. That's how they've been trained, and they respond like Pavlov's dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom