MDS Supporter
    Okay, I'm ignorant. What is a "derp"?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/derp

th

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    I would think a little compliance would go a long way. I would ask the officer to wait by the front door while I retrieve said firearm. "There it is, have a nice day." I don't see why they would be entitled to a full walk through of your home.

If for some reason they allow this, come back with only the lower, after all, it's "rifle" as far as the govt is concerned.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Although my son and I hunt, I had my wife and daughter take the Hunter Safety course just for the storage restrictions. Technically if I had a bare lower sitting on a table and stepped away from it to use the bathroom, there could be problems under the default rules.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Maryland has a law on the books when children of a certain age are in the house. No federal guidelines that I know about at all as far as storage goes, but there is the Maryland law.

The only place that children are mentioned in relation to firearms in MD law is this:

Md. Code Ann. said:
    [a person] “may not store or leave a loaded firearm in a location where the person knew or should have known that an unsupervised child would gain access to the firearm.”

This section does not apply if:

The child’s access is supervised by an individual age 18 or older;
    The child’s access was obtained as a result of unlawful entry;
    The firearm is in the possession or control of a law enforcement officer while the officer is engaged in official duties; or
    The child has a certificate of firearm and hunter safety.

Regardless, though, they still can't come and "spot check" to see if you're following that law. (Not that I thought you were saying that, Fabs, just mentioning it to be clear.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom