• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Just as Hogan has the ability to affect administrative policies that affect the 2A in MD, does McAuliffe have similar leeway in VA?

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    As everywhere else, the larger population counties tend to lean Dem.

This gives VA the appearance of blue balls, BTW.

UMW2.jpg

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Really? The governor can single-handedly "infringe"?

People owe it to themselves to understand how government works. This needs to get through the Virginia legislature, just like FSA2013 did in Maryland. The Governor can "call for it" and make a big scene, but in the end, if the legislature doesn't want it, it won't happen.

Anyone who thought he wasn't going to suggest these kinds of things is a fool...he was put in there by the Obama clique, and DC is geographically their butt-buddy.

As far as "gun control" goes, this package is pretty weak. NICS checks (meh), taking guns away from DV-ers (makes sense, actually), and the only one that REALLY would bug me...taking 2A rights away from people for someting totally unrelated (child support payments). I, for one, am kind of glad to see how little he thinks he can really succeed with gun control.

And as I said, it would have to get through the legislature as well. VA-ers know whether it has any steam, but I would doubt it.

Whoa whoa whoa. Even if McAuliffe cannot get bills through, can he not negatively affect decisions that don't require approval in their legislature? Our bureaucracy is littered with such things.

Perhaps my title could have been worded a little differently (I'll blame it on a lingering cold and dayquil).

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    See post #16 for the current reality.

Governors can ask for anything. The question is whether the voters/citizens will accept or agree to what he wants to do.

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Governors can ask for anything. The question is whether the voters/citizens will accept or agree to what he wants to do.

The voters/citizens can yell until they're blue in the face. But, sadly, most will whimper, at best.

Their elected officials, FTMP, will do what they're inclined to do, until and unless they are bombarded by their constituents to actually follow the people's will.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Gun control is the big unchecked box on liberals' to-do list. They figure the lame duck session is their last chance.

They can't move jack right now. Most likely an attempt at simply getting us to focus on a phantom so they can quietly pull some other BS.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    The voters/citizens can yell until they're blue in the face. But, sadly, most will whimper, at best.

Their elected officials, FTMP, will do what they're inclined to do, until and unless they are bombarded by their constituents to actually follow the people's will.

The DC based media will still report the "bombardment" as "a couple hundred unorganized protesters", no matter how many thousands show up.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Political posturing as has been pointed out. He could have done this months ago. What does he do, a la MOM, the anniversary of Sandy Hook to ASK for "Common sense" gun control, which it is not.

So predictable these folks are.

VCDL will be all over this.

I don't see it happening.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

I agree. That's what contacting/lobbying reps and voting is all about. If the voters sit on their asses and do nothing, politicians do what they want.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Great. I actually have to work with McAuliffe (as in face-to-face) AND I'm moving to VA in March. I always knew that he was an anti, but as long as he didn't attempt to do anything, I was happy to overlook it. Actually, I kinda like the guy...he seem very hands-on, and pragmatic in his approach to solving problems. He's far better than Owe'Malley in that respect.

Now that he's pushing his anti agenda, working with him and his staff is going to be hard. Luckily I don't have to do it often.

Be sure to wear your Glock Tie clip when you do

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    One can probably thank Libertarian Robert Sarvis for this. :sad20: Yeaaaaa WTG 3rd party *******.

Didn't more liberal leaning voters vote for the Libertarian candidate? Can't really blame this on the Libertarians. The Republicans flat out lost this election by voting for an extremist right after a government shut down.

Not surprising that he lost considering that basically all of NoVa are government employees that will vote for their own paychecks before freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom