Mayor Bowser Announces Increase in Hiring Bonuses for New MPD Recruits --> $25,000

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    A total of 25k when you get out of recruit school? No more strings attached about how long you stay on the job? Hear me out. You take the class, pocket the money and quit after a week. You now have a LEOSA pass to carry anywhere plus cash to travel to put it to good use

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    A total of 25k when you get out of recruit school? No more strings attached about how long you stay on the job? Hear me out. You take the class, pocket the money and quit after a week. You now have a LEOSA pass to carry anywhere plus cash to travel to put it to good use
    Would anyone actually be willing to hire someone who did that?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Silly. Apply for and get the new gig before quitting. :)
    giphy.gif

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I would love to get an honest assessment from MPD or really and other officers that these liberals have chit on over the years.

That have been doing the job and turn around and offer EXTRA money for new hires. The ultimate slap in the face, after libs. tell them that they don't matter.
    What a freaking joke

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I would love to get an honest assessment from MPD or really and other officers that these liberals have chit on over the years.

That have been doing the job and turn around and offer EXTRA money for new hires. The ultimate slap in the face, after libs. tell them that they don't matter.
    What a freaking joke

Well, you have to understand that the politicians don't want a 20 year veteran cop. They want the new guy that couldn't cut out before, who doesn't have the ability or training to police the right way. They want some woke liberal pansies that are afraid to go out and do the real work.

It's a win/win. They either get the neutered police department they want, or they get such a crappy police force that they can take it over (either by federal consent decree or a federal police force). So we understand the reality.

It's not a slap in the face for me, I understand the motivation. At this point, I'm just looking for warm bodies to pay into the pension system.

You can take your bonus money, I've got 38 months left in this awful career field.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Well, you have to understand that the politicians don't want a 20 year veteran cop. They want the new guy that couldn't cut out before, who doesn't have the ability or training to police the right way. They want some woke liberal pansies that are afraid to go out and do the real work.

It's a win/win. They either get the neutered police department they want, or they get such a crappy police force that they can take it over (either by federal consent decree or a federal police force). So we understand the reality.

It's not a slap in the face for me, I understand the motivation. At this point, I'm just looking for warm bodies to pay into the pension system.

You can take your bonus money, I've got 38 months left in this awful career field.

Just to be clear I am with you.

I have respect for the view you have, enjoy the future plans you have. All my best

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Oh man....

Thank you for your service FWIW coming from me.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    But the DC prosecutor still won't prosecute people not matter how many times they get arrested for violent crimes.
    AND this statement applies to MD, Balto, NY, LA, Portlandia, Seattle, Motown, and all those places that
    " voted" for their local Leftists, and National disgraces known as FJB/Kameltoe et al.

This is what irks me about all the anti 2A outcry for new laws to " stop the violent crimes attacks on our rights.

THEN the Bastards when given the vote to address punishing the CRIMINALS, that legislation gets the thumbs down. WTF?

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    How is giving a new hire a $25k bonus fair to the officers who have been there for a couple of years? I'd think the union wo
    uld be going apeshit crazy over this.
    Not necessarily fair but it is a hiring bonus. Private corporations have been doing it for years without compensating existing employees. Private corporations also have been known to raise the starting salaries without other increases often leaving established employees making the same or only slightly more than new hires.
    How is giving a new hire a $25k bonus fair to the officers who have been there for a couple of years? I'd think the union would be going apeshit crazy over this.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Not necessarily fair but it is a hiring bonus. Private corporations have been doing it for years without compensating existing employees. Private corporations also have been known to raise the starting salaries without other increases often leaving established employees making the same or only slightly more than new hires.
    Yup. Very common.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

"Despite some hiring in the past year, the force had just over 3,350 sworn officers at the end of March, a net loss of about 450 over the past three years. Police Chief Robert J. Contee III said he expected the size of the force could fall to about 3,130 by the end of fiscal year 2024."

"Police said the proposed budget contains money to allow Contee to continue to hire in fiscal 2024, and he said his goal is to hire 20 new officers each month. But he told city lawmakers the department is losing 30 to 35 officers a month. The chief has said to make up for the shortfall of officers, the department has spent $1.1 million in overtime hours in each of the past two years."

"Contee said 71 recruits have received the bonus so far, and there is enough money to pay out another 230 in the coming year."

It's going to get much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom