• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A 12 year old girl was shot this afternoon in Baltimore City.
    Remind me which new law would prevent this from happening again?

mrmidnight

Mar 28, 2013
    I'm picturing you on your ranch in Wyoming, saying to yourself, "Someday I'll be able to escape this lonely 5000 acre spread, and find my true home in a rowhouse in Dundalk..."
    LOL.

I lived in Maryland 2 decades ago and then left for college out of state and never went back. But I recall it being a good place to raise a family so I am looking (now very seriously) at going back. Of course the strange gun laws have always been a concern, even long before the FSA so I am always on notice for any potential legislation. Not sure at this point what they could really pass that wouldn't end up getting thrown out of court they already have extremely restrictive laws with respect to guns. If good tangible results were realy the desire they would look at the things that have caused the major breakdowns in society and fix accordingly. But we all know that won't happen. Gotta head down to the bunk house now they are calling me saying one of t ranch hands got his foot stuck in the spittoon again.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    LOL.

I lived in Maryland 2 decades ago and then left for college out of state and never went back. But I recall it being a good place to raise a family so I am looking (now very seriously) at going back. Of course the strange gun laws have always been a concern, even long before the FSA so I am always on notice for any potential legislation. Not sure at this point what they could really pass that wouldn't end up getting thrown out of court they already have extremely restrictive laws with respect to guns. If good tangible results were realy the desire they would look at the things that have caused the major breakdowns in society and fix accordingly. But we all know that won't happen. Gotta head down to the bunk house now they are calling me saying one of t ranch hands got his foot stuck in the spittoon again.

Don’t move to MD. It sucks here, and the crime/crap that exists in Baltimore/DC is only spreading further throughout MD. Don’t move here. It’s not worth it, just look at how many of us are leaving/going to leave soon

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It really doesn't matter what they look at or try to pass, not enough people show up, write or call to try and defend their rights.

Que the "why bother, they don't listen anyway" crowd in 3.... 2.....

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    It really doesn't matter what they look at or try to pass, not enough people show up, write or call to try and defend their rights.

Que the "why bother, they don't listen anyway" crowd in 3.... 2.....

MD isn’t even worth saving imo. This state is hopeless. It’ll never be pro 2a

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    LOL.

Shoot yourself in the dick, it's more constructive, less painful and they haven't taxed that yet. I escaped that hole 3 years ago, not likely to even visit ever again.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    I moved to MD about 8 years ago, if I had to do it over again I would pick Virginia, lower taxes mean less politicians' fingers in your pocket.
    There is no draining of the swamp, it just gets deeper with bigger and fatter swamp critters....

All political parties are corrupt...

Cyndi59

It's a shame everyone lives in that sh!*hole state..I reside in both New Zealand and Virginia..I never enjoyed freedom more that leaving Maryland to more to the next state over and leaving friends are still there,I try not to visit there if I don't need too.Gun laws in New Zealand is par to pre-D.C. .Hopes one day within everyone's life time Maryland will join the rest of America,until then..feels really bad for you all.Soon MGA..to get a HQL which means leaving your left nut floating in a jar..did not mean to sound out of line.

mrmidnight

Mar 28, 2013
    Depends on what part of Maryland your raising them.
    Western Howard County. Parents still live there and schools are ranked 10. Right now I am in the Chicago area....which, to the previous posters point, may actually have a higher crime rate than Syria. Even though it is a very nice part of Chicago it is starting to get bad and I would rather not be here when it is officially declared bad.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Word of advice.... don't move to Hagerstown or Washington County. We have 3 prisons here. We get about 27 percent of the ENTIRE STATE OF MARYLAND'S CRIMINALS. Then they are released right here. They stay here. Their families move here. It is a dumping ground for criminals. Our police chief has acknowledged the release of the prisoners here in our town as a major part of our problem. Montgomery County, Baltimore and DC has spread to this area. We do not have nearly the homicide rate but it has picked up over the past several years and it does not look like there will be any relief soon. Crime in general has picked up heavily over the past several years. I was born and raised here. I never had to worry about the things years ago that I have to worry about today. I will be breaking out eventually. I am not living at the hub of the heroin highway (70/81) forever.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I know that i may be dreaming but all the counties east of the bay bridge all the way up to the PA/DE Line along the Chesapeake Bay vote to leave MD and become part of DE. At least DE it is a lot easier to get a CCW permit even if you do have to jump thru a couple of extra hoops to get it. MD has totally become the east version of Cali as far as I am concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom