• ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This can't end right. :mad54:

The mental health advocacy groups, generally lefties, are likely to be firmly on our side. When I was on a task force in 2012 looking at the access of people with mental illness to regulated firearms I was pleasantly surprised by their being against infringing on the rights of those for whom they advocate. There are a couple of facts that we will need to use:

1. The mentally ill are no more likely to be violent than the general population. UNLESS substance abuse is present.

2. Those with mental illness are much more likely to be victims of violent crime and deserve to defend themselves.

3. Mental health services are absolutely abysmal. Especially for the poor. Those with mental illness tend to be low income. Medicaid and Medicare don’t help because most mental health professionals don’t take it.

You guys on the board who love to blame medications are going to need to educate yourselves. People without problems don’t get put on psych medications. The overwhelming majority of people on an SSRI are not the problem. I Guarantee that at least 10% of the people here are on something and it is probably higher. You don’t want to dig that hole.

mrmidnight

Mar 28, 2013
    The mental health advocacy groups, generally lefties, are likely to be firmly on our side. When I was on a task force in 2012 looking at the access of people with mental illness to regulated firearms I was pleasantly surprised by their being against infringing on the rights of those for whom they advocate. There are a couple of facts that we will need to use:

1. The mentally ill are no more likely to be violent than the general population. UNLESS substance abuse is present.

2. Those with mental illness are much more likely to be victims of violent crime and deserve to defend themselves.

3. Mental health services are absolutely abysmal. Especially for the poor. Those with mental illness tend to be low income. Medicaid and Medicare don’t help because most mental health professionals don’t take it.

You guys on the board who love to blame medications are going to need to educate yourselves. People without problems don’t get put on psych medications. The overwhelming majority of people on an SSRI are not the problem. I Guarantee that at least 10% of the people here are on something and it is probably higher. You don’t want to dig that hole.
    Amen

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The mental health advocacy groups, generally lefties, are likely to be firmly on our side.

I would generally agree, with once caveat. Many of those lefties would be very happy to say, "If we just made guns illegal for everyone, it would be one less source of stress and misunderstanding for those with mental health issues."

It's exactly the sort of topic that many of those advocates would gladly throw under the bus so neither they nor those for whom they advocate would ever again have to address the matter.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I’ll keep saying it. The only reason lefties keep writing anti legislation is to get more conservatives to move out of MD and increase the % of libs. They don’t care about the kids or anything that doesn’t get them re-elected

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’ll keep saying it. The only reason lefties keep writing anti legislation is to get more conservatives to move out of MD and increase the % of libs. They don’t care about the kids or anything that doesn’t get them re-elected

Nope.

They keep writing it in the hopes they'll eventually get it right.

Let's see who win that battle...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I would generally agree, with once caveat. Many of those lefties would be very happy to say, "If we just made guns illegal for everyone, it would be one less source of stress and misunderstanding for those with mental health issues."

It's exactly the sort of topic that many of those advocates would gladly throw under the bus so neither they nor those for whom they advocate would ever again have to address the matter.

Luckily they are MORE concerned with the mentally ill being treated as second class citizens.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Lets see....new Annapolis appointments...

Judiciary Chairman...Luke Clippinger
    Judiciary Vice Chair...Vanessa Atterbeary
    House Majority Leader...Kathleen Dumais
    Democrat Caucus Chair...Eric Luedtke

Umm....this session (2019) is going to be an infringefest. Not a single one of them gives a rats ass about the Constitution.

2019 MGA is going to be a nightmare for the 2A in Maryland. The House Majority Leader is as corrupt as they come, and a hateful, bitter, and just plain mean person.

If they get their way, as a Maryland resident, you'll be lucky to be able to buy a squirt gun on vacation in Myrtle Beach.

"Going full retard" will be an understatement for what they are cooking up.

(all my opinion)

And because most folks can't be bothered to contact their elected officials (because they don't care) we will continue to have further infringements.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I’d argue the constituents of those legislaturs want boots on our throats. That’s why they do what they do.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I enjoy having you around

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I am going to use the above in several replies on social media, if I may.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    This is why we need to reelect Hogan so he can happily sign the next batch of human rights restrictions instead of Jealous getting to sign them.

3rdStooge

Jan 4, 2012
    Calvert County

The definition of “psych meds” is a real problem.
    Several classes of medication for numerous conditions may be classified as psych meds. If you have diabetes and it’s related nerve pain (peripheral neuropathy), appropriate treatment would include controlled and non-controlled substances(nerve blocking agents).
    Since the sources of information for medications are drug databases held by your private insurer or Medicare/Medicaid/VA/Champus, any pain medications, including nerve blocking agents, would trigger an alert to the “authorities.”
    Many of us are on such meds..

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The definition of “psych meds” is a real problem.
    Several classes of medication for numerous conditions may be classified as psych meds. If you have diabetes and it’s related nerve pain (peripheral neuropathy), appropriate treatment would include controlled and non-controlled substances(nerve blocking agents).
    Since the sources of information for medications are drug databases held by your private insurer or Medicare/Medicaid/VA/Champus, any pain medications, including nerve blocking agents, would trigger an alert to the “authorities.”
    Many of us are on such meds..

You make an excellent point. For nerve pain, most the the medications used are also used for psychiatric disorders. SSRIs can be used for PMS. Compazine (used for nausea) is a cousin of thorazine. This is a rabbit hole the ferret should not go down.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    You make an excellent point. For nerve pain, most the the medications used are also used for psychiatric disorders. SSRIs can be used for PMS. Compazine (used for nausea) is a cousin of thorazine. This is a rabbit hole the ferret should not go down.

And lots a migraine and headache medication are old anti depressants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom