• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Hogan's, "It's worth discussing..." is a lot less enthusiastic than, "on board," or "all for it," which is what others have expressed.

Which is also much less enthusiastic as saying
    “I do not believe bumpstocks/slidestocks are a concern since it’s been around for 20yrs and have been linked to zero of the 316 murders currently in the city to date”

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Watch for an AR10's & all 7.62 x39's semi autos BAN be added to the Bump Stock Legislation...

The Supreme Court's Decision NOT to interfere with MD2013 will embolden the Democratic Leadership to go much further this time...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Which is also much less enthusiastic as saying
    “I do not believe bumpstocks/slidestocks are a concern since it’s been around for 20yrs and have been linked to zero of the 316 murders currently in the city to date”

True...
    ... Which would be headlines in the media, and either a rallying point for Dems to crucify and vote him out of office based on LV, and/or taken as a challenge by another Lefty loon to get one and make history with it. If we believe that some of these "events" are triggered and encouraged by the Left, we need to find ways of not daring or triggering them while preserving and protecting the 2A.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    So what options are left, legally? If SCOTUS wont review, and a newly emboldened Maryland begins proposing further restrictions, it makes one think new approaches are needed to hold just the status quo. Man I wish Hogan had more skin in the game...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Unfortunately the lower court decision now standing, I fear that the flood gates are open this year and for the foreseeable future for much more erosion. There really is nothing to stem the tide here in MD as long as a veto-proof majority continues to exist in the GA.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Unfortunately the lower court decision now standing, I fear that the flood gates are open this year and for the foreseeable future for much more erosion. There really is nothing to stem the tide here in MD as long as a veto-proof majority continues to exist in the GA.

Not only in Maryland; the Progressives are expanding their hold in many states, evidenced by the takeover of Virginia earlier this month. Maryland will always be full-blown progressive and basic rights will be thrown to the wayside to grow the governmental powers to protect the common folk who the legislators view as to ignorant to govern themselves. The only way Maryland could ever be turned around (and this will never happen) is to have a electoral college like what is used to elect the President of the US.

Thankfully, my state seems to still be heading the other direction away from the progressive mindset, however, things can change quickly if we are not on our guard and constantly engaged and fighting.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Pretty sure they will look at other states before they look here for info - but fully expect all CA, CT and MA laws to be proposed for us. Gotta protect us from ourselves you know.

Last edited:

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Thankfully, my state seems to still be heading the other direction away from the progressive mindset, however, things can change quickly if we are not on our guard and constantly engaged and fighting.

We are considering a move there. I'm watching closely what Maryland does the next 5 years, when I turn 65. I'm retired from civil and military service after 35 yrs but am working part time at a nice local gun and pawn, but if this silliness and other BS (taxes, etc) doesn't improve, we are starting to consider options out of state at that time.

When I worked for the feds, I led a small but very effective group of folks, about 200 strong, that focused on increasing effectiveness, developing common sense decision making and saving the taxpayer, you and me, tens of millions of many that normally went down the toilet (side note: I thought Trump was going to lose, so I retired in Oct 2016. My bad.). Our ROI was through the roof. Many of these employees where young, very progressive individuals--an extremely diverse group--I loved working with them and watching them develop real skills. And they were smart, open to ideas, and would listen to different approaches--it was all about developing and maintaining trust, and never getting mired in bull. Don't hear much about that, do you? My point is that big change can happen, but traditional approaches to problem solving are often very ineffective because the "opposition" only sees one thing, no matter what you say. So you have to find and exploit common ground that hasn't been explored yet, and yes, negotiate. Getting to yes is hard, but can be done.

I've never been involved in traditional politics, but the internal politics of state agencies can't be much different: it's all about power (money, space or geography, keeping your job/getting re-elected). I wish I was younger...

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    So what options are left, legally? If SCOTUS wont review, and a newly emboldened Maryland begins proposing further restrictions, it makes one think new approaches are needed to hold just the status quo. Man I wish Hogan had more skin in the game...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The way I read their ruling is that the State can Regulate Gun Sales the same way they regulate Highway Speeds = different States have different Highway Speeds...

Hold onto your hats Cowboys, it's going to be a rough ride for semi-automatic rifles...

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Will MGA want a bigger banned list or remove guns from the populace? They seem to have the votes and can get what they want so ...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Will MGA want a bigger banned list or remove guns from the populace? They seem to have the votes and can get what they want so ...

The same “veto-proof” majority was there for the last two years when we released the Patriot Picket hounds on ‘em.

Result: 0-23 record for the evil home team.

Square up your shoulders and keep your chin up. Enough with the defeatism before we take the field.

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    I do not expect Hogan to dig in on this one.

I suspect that more Marylanders are afraid of bumpstocks than there are people outraged about losing them. I would also expect wishy-washy legislation affecting sale and transfer but not possession of B-stocks. The real hit will be adding features/models to the prohibited list. (But only those features/models that hurt poor and minorities the most.)

I have never been right before so none of the above is of value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom