• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    You are not getting a permit unless you own a business and carry large amounts of cash...unless you are politically connected...unless you have documented reports of threats....or you are a doc who fills prescriptions.

Sorry.

Any more on the doc filling prescriptions? Anyone had luck with that?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Welcome to Maryland - the land of the "Good and Substantial" cause to get a CCW.

What exactly does G&S mean? Well - that's the thing... no one really knows. It is at the sole discretion of the MSP to decide if you have it or not.

Rumor has it that you either need to carry large amounts of cash to and from bad areas, and have several DOCUMENTED threats and assaults against you.

Personally, I think the MSP would rather see you killed than give you a CCW. It's less paperwork for them.

But... if you want, I only charge a small nominal fee to beat you up and leave you for dead in the back alley. I will call the police as I leave so you can at least have 1 documented case of assault to use toward your case.

He would have to show proof that it will happen to him again where the beating you gave him was not just a random attack.

ENT Shooter

Aug 21, 2011
    Towson Maryland
    The ability to prescribe does appear to work. But the only information that they ask me each time on renewal are regarding my bank deposits. They want the last 60 days or so each time.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    This is how MSP Licensing Division defines Business Currency:

"Greetings, business currency is cash or checks for your business or from your business to the bank or where ever you conduct business transactions with currency."
    - Sgt Michael A Jones
    MSP - Licensing Division.

You had better be the owner of said business or you will be on a very short leash.

I got my permit last year and carry every day. I don't carry a lot of "Business Currency" but what I do carry is carried in a clearly marked envelope stating that the contents within is Business Currency.

Good luck with getting your permit, it ain't going to be easy, unless you and O'Malley play golf together.

And being a business owner puts you on 'duty' 24/7.;)

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    teratos and ENT, I'm interested in hearing more. Feel free to pm me. I'm out of the army soon for private practice. My MD med license should come next week. I won't be transporting narcs but will be prescribing plenty for procedures. Maybe that will work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom