• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I hear you and understand your points. However, we can't give up. Sorry to admit it, but up until 2016, I was on the sidelines. It was MSI and this forum that got me activated. Reading the posts, seeing the pictures of the pickets, and most importantly, the passion made me wake up. I know that I am just one person, but maybe the following will be a trickle and not a flood. I think the pendulum is swinging our way and we will gain momentum. Especially if the courts rule in our favor. The new administration has surely changed the climate, and I believe we finally have an advantage.

Looking forward to meeting you on 7 February. I'll be the big ugly one with the Declaration of Independence holster.....:D

DavidMS

Feb 23, 2013
    Fairfax VA
    I wish I had make it last year but with work commitments, I couldn't ask for the time off. I am looking forward to being there for the March Bill Days.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This bill will NEVER get out of the drawer. Nice effort but will never see the light of day.

I don't think it is well written. This fact same bill has been proposed the exact same way for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I don't think it is well written. This fact same bill has been proposed the exact same way for years.

The writing of the bill seems clear and simple enough. It just isn't couched in a language which will let it slip past the current opposition in the General Assembly. I'd like to see the bill push even harder, with recognition given to any permit, not just those from surrounding states. I'm realistic and cynical enough to know this bill is DOA until we can change the makeup of the legicritters voting on it. That won't stop me from being there on Gun Bill Day to testify in its favor, if the esteemed chairman even grants it a hearing.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    In light of national reciprocity, what motivation does the GA have to pass this?

The libtards can claim responsibility for someone else's good idea. Attach some revenue language to it and they will stumble over themselves in support. Think gambling. Okay, I just woke up and realized I was sleep texting.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    In light of national reciprocity, what motivation does the GA have to pass this?

No more motivation than they had in the past.

This is where our new US President is going have his head spinning. There is so much BS introduced that has no chance. A business person does not waste time like this, on folly they know is useless. I guess though he'll just morph in to it like the rest of the herd. All for show..

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    if the esteemed chairman even grants it a hearing.

Oh, he'll grant it a hearing, you know...because he is so fair and respectful to us and all...:rolleye12, but it'll be at the bottom of his desk drawer before the first testimony is heard, or Dumais will use it to wipe her ass with.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Every single Bill gets a hearing. Of course at some of them both the sponsering Delegate/Senator and the entire Committee know everyone is going through the motions, and the Bill will be in desk purgatory 30 seconds later.

But it is still important to have these Bills out there. The symbolism is important. And some day the world might temporarily spin backwards, and some legislator on our side might be in an advantaged position of horse trading , and need a recipient for the " you vote for this for my District, and I'll vote for somthing otherwise unpalatable for you" .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom