• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    :goodpost:

Now, we still have to tell our friends and neighbors to vote the correct way in November. There is no doubt that the MD estabishment will pull any stunt that they can to make it go their way. Because to them, it's "...for the children" right?

:party29::bowdown::clap::bannana::mdpatriot

That's a correct assessment.

The 'wording' of the referendum is critical to how people vote. I have seen referendums that are so deceptively worded with double-negatives, what's and wherefores, that you need to be a linguistics major to determine how you would vote with just a yeah or neigh. Look to your conservative voting guides this fall for interpreation and guidance.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    :goodpost:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!

High fives all around! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

As the OP of this thread, I would like to thank each and every one of you for signing and spreading the word. No doubt it was close.

EDIT: also, a special thanks to edleary1227 for all he does on so many issues.

I didn't find out 'till just now when I cracked open the Crapital (ahem, the Annapolis Capital newspaper that I always run over in my driveway when I get home late...). They did a terrible piece on the story. Here's the online version is you have brain cells to waste: http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/government/congressional-boundaries-headed-for-referendum/article_6a065b5a-e345-5b62-90a9-6d26f21feea2.html

Now, we still have to tell our friends and neighbors to vote the correct way in November. There is no doubt that the MD estabishment will pull any stunt that they can to make it go their way. Because to them, it's "...for the children" right?

:party29::bowdown::clap::bannana::mdpatriot

Hip Hip Hooray!!!! :lol::party29::thumbsup:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Now...it becomes about message (and legal defense, you know they will sue).

When/If the Democrat politicians sue the voters, that will be one heck of a message. No amount of advertising can overcome a message like that.

The subject would lose-lose, no matter how you slice it.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    When/If the Democrat politicians sue the voters, that will be one heck of a message. No amount of advertising can overcome a message like that.

The subject would lose-lose, no matter how you slice it.
    So, you don't think that the dems of the state aren't going to sue Maryland Petitions and or the Board of Elections to keep the redistricting map off the ballot?

Herm...interesting. I hadn't considered that, I had only considered them fighting it at every single step of the way.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    fightinbluhen51 said:
    So, you don't think that the dems of the state aren't going to sue Maryland Petitions and or the Board of Elections to keep the redistricting map off the ballot?

Herm...interesting. I hadn't considered that, I had only considered them fighting it at every single step of the way.

They can try to fight it, and I wish they would. :)

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    to bad we dont start a referendum

to overturn the gun laws in maryland. the way I read the section of the state constitution, that a referendum can take place even after a law has been in place for years.

But I'm not a lawyer, and I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night...

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    They are that stupid :party29:
    Told you they would be!

BTW...didn't CASA de Maryland try this sheet and fail? Or they made the claim it was a budgetary item and didn't qualify.

I don't see how they can make this lawfare stick. I mean, really, it auto-populates your data, yippie. You still have to have a live human (and I do mean, live human) sign it, and a petition circulator sign it as well. What a bunch of hacks!

It is also shameful that the legislature didn't even vote on it. So, we the people, got dealt the hand of King Owe'Malley and our representatives rolled over and played along (at least, the ones that can bring bills to the floor). How is this representation? Arseholes! I hate this state.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    An unintended consequence

Hopefully, the AGs office will be distracted researching this case, and not put a full faith attempt with the Woollard appeal :fingerscrossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom