• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Cowar in fear or run out the back door and let them take what they want . They have more rights to your stuff then you do . They are poor and deprived citizens and you should be happy to give to them everything youve busted your ass and worked for .

Just think of robbery/home invasion as another Maryland entitlement program.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    As long as you are in legitimate fear for your life, or the lives of your family: shoot and keep shooting until they are down and still.

I guess I should say that I'm not a lawyer, but that's what I would do.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Cowar in fear or run out the back door and let them take what they want . They have more rights to your stuff then you do . They are poor and deprived citizens and you should be happy to give to them everything youve busted your ass and worked for .

Just think of robbery/home invasion as another Maryland entitlement program.

Don't mislead the new members. Maryland petty much does not require retreat if someone is in your home. This may be true in NJ; but Maryland does allow the use of deadly force in your house when there is a threat to life.

Read what Tetros posted.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Seriously? I might move to Texas, I hear they play target practice in there front lawns with trespassers!

This sounds like it was on page right after Florida'a castle law in the Brady Campaign propaganda booklet; and subsequently, this is how they love to paint us gun owners, as biting at the bit to kill anyone we can and taking pleasure in doing it.

The Texas penal codes do allow deadly force in a wider range of situations; but they don't allow you to target shoot people on your property.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/9.42.00.html

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

To the best of my knowledge in Maryland,

If someone breaks into your home & IS ARMED with a "serious weapon" & threatens you,

You have a limited right to defend yourself...

The law implies that you should first get out of the house & away from the threat & call 911...

If it were me, I'd do a "double tap" to the center of his chest with a 45ACP...

AVOID head shots & finishing him when he is down...

An additional arm or leg shot should be OK if he keeps coming...

Stop shooting when the threat is over...

The coroner measures the angles of the bullets...

Head shots & finishing him when he is down can be grounds for MURDER charges against YOU...

Hope this is helpful...

Sgt Preston USMC LLA

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    There is no duty to retreat in your home. If an armed person breaks into your home, you have an unlimited right to protect yourself and your family. You should NEVER shoot to wound. If you are shooting someone, they are a threat to your life, and they need to be completely incapacitated. Shoot for center mass. An arm or leg shot is STILL considered deadly force, since people can die from them. You need to do AS MUCH DAMAGE AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. People do not often drop/die instantly, even if shot in the heart. They may have a few seconds to get a shot off at you. If they are still moving on the floor, shoot them again. If they have a gun, they can still shoot you from the floor.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The one thing I'll add is that if you do leave the situation, do not return with a fresh gun and continue shooting.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

Your comment; while probally a joke; reads like something the Brady Campaign would write about us.

"The American gun owner is so blood thirsty, he plans in advance where he will put the bodies of those he senselessly murders. He takes pleasure in this activity; actively debating in his mind where he will place them."

Jack Gordon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2011
    Places Unknown
    Your comment; while probally a joke; reads like something the Brady Campaign would write about us.

"The American gun owner is so blood thirsty, he plans in advance where he will put the bodies of those he senselessly murders. He takes pleasure in this activity; actively debating in his mind where he will place them."

Who said i was a gun owner?:innocent0

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Follow the three "S's"

Shoot, Shovel, Shutup

Disclaimer: this may be bad legal advice and should not be followed for any reason whatsoever.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    On a serious note, what is complete BS is the whole thing about not shooting them while they are on the ground or not shooting in the head.

If I want to immediately stop a threat, I might want to shoot them in the head if I am able to do so in a stressful situation.

Even though they are on the ground, they still may be holding a gun and can shoot at you.

This shouldn't have anything to do with excessive force, but sadly it does.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Don't mislead the new members. Maryland petty much does not require retreat if someone is in your home. This may be true in NJ; but Maryland does allow the use of deadly force in your house when there is a threat to life.

Read what Tetros posted.

Ok I forgot the sarcasm thing .

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm not really sure if this thread is serious but look a straight up answer is...........

No you don't have to retreat.

Yes you have the right to defend yourself (if he means harm). Remember you are going to have to put this all down on paper and a recorded statement so if your an idiot and can't speak or write just run away.

Situation: Male 6' ft 2 220 breaks into your house and you come downstairs and see him holding a pair of silver candlesticks that have been in your family for years. Can you "articulate" that he was holding a deadly weapon? Can you articulate he made a statement "Boy I am going to bash your head in with these?" Did he maybe take a step towards you in a slightly aggressive manner? Did he begin to raise the candle sticks in your direction?

Gentlemen marylands laws are the way they are because someone did something freakin stupid so we really have no one to blame but us Marylanders. The the people WE elected decide that we need protection from ourselves because WE make dumbass mistakes.

You see a guy breaking into your car so you break out the remy 700 and make a basketball sized exit hole. Lets think about this for a minute. Does the punishment fit the crime? A guy was attempting to break into your car (for reasons you aren't aware of maybe to steal it maybe to take your cd player who knows). Regardless it's a misdemeanor until something further happens. And now he is dead over a misdemeanor property crime?? The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

You see a guy crawling into the back window of your house and kill him. YOUR SCREWED. What were his intentions? Was he homeless looking for a place to sleep (misdemeanor unlawful entry in D.C.)? Was he drunk and at the wrong house thinking he was locked out (unlawful entry). Killing a man for those two things would be "inherently" wrong in the eyes of the law because the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

It's all about what you say and how you say it and you can get away with just about anything as long as you were doing it in "good faith" and can articulate the reasons you or your family was in danger.

I don't know why I just took the time out to explain that because I know the backlash of bull crap is coming about how I don't need to pay for the retardness of other citizens. I'll simply answer that with WELL YOU HELPED VOTE THEM IN! And to counter the argument, Well the man is breaking into my castle, my home, the place where I should feel safe the most! Doesn't matter............until you can articulate his intentions your killing a man over a property crime which again punishment doesn't fit the crime!!

Not 100% my feelings...just explaining it in a way you all can understand and hopefully see what I really mean. We have a saying on the PD, "Do what you can stand."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom