• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    [IMG alt="paperwork351"]https://www.mdshooters.com/data/avatars/m/1/1966.jpg?1639192113[/IMG]

paperwork351

no error code for stupid​

Mar 7, 2008 643 Gaithersburg

Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 U.S. 105 (1943)
    +-

Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 U.S. 105 (1943)

Murdock v. Pennsylvania: It is unconstitutional for a state to tax people selling religious merchandise.

supreme.justia.com

From the Syllabus: 4. A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113.

5. The flat license tax here involved restrains in advance the Constitutional liberties of press and religion, and inevitably tends to suppress their exercise. P. 319 U. S. 114.

7. Since the privilege in question is guaranteed by the Federal Constitution, and exists independently of state authority, the inquiry as to whether the State has given something for which it can ask a return is irrelevant. P. 319 U. S. 115.

Irrelevant?
    NYSRPA v Bruen (2022) - Kavanaugh Concenting - "
    I join the Court’s opinion, and I write separately to underscore two important points about the limits of the Court’s decision.

First, the Court’s decision does not prohibit States from imposing licensing requirements for carrying a handgun for self-defense. In particular, the Court’s decision does not affect the existing licensing regimes—known as “shall-issue”regimes—that are employed in 43 States."

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Unteachable students are a distraction to an instructor and generally a negative influence on other participants. A student who shows up with a "there's nothing you can teach me" attitude either intentionally or unwittingly diminishes the training of others. If nothing else, an experienced shooter could encourage those still learning, but that assumes a positive, helpful stance to a class. The OP didn't express that.

So , whatever....
    I'd be happy to have him as a student, given that:

A. I know him.
    B. I am aware of what he already knows
    C. I am aware of what he has done and continues to do for/in the 2A community for Maryland.
    What have you done for the 2A community, but come here and run people, you have no clue about, down?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This decision
    struck down the New York law that placed strict restrictions on the wearing
    and carrying of firearms outside of the home. This decision specifically noted
    the similar Maryland law regarding the “good and substantial reason”. The
    Maryland State Police Licensing Division is aware of the US
    Supreme Court's decision and it is under legal review with the MD Attorney
    General’s Office.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This.

The 16 hours in MD is pure BS. Same as the 8 hours/100 shots in DE.

When do the 1A Free Speech and Voting classes start???
    Speaking of which. Voting classes wise.

As I was reading posts in the forum on 2A, Roe, etc, researching, and adding comments, I had a thought about Borders and illegals and Brandon etc.

Now we know Brandon and the Libs are fully behind all the illegals coming in from Mexican border.

My crazy thought was, We have at least 2 borders here in the US. Given that the Kingdom of Canada has now infringed upon a right that Canadians deserve as much as we Americans and even Mexicans do, the right to life and protection of our lives, I think I would be all for welcoming illegal alien Canadian Pro 2A voters into the USA so we can tip the crooked scales of votes back into proportion to what we had Pre Brandon's "c'mon y'all, the country is all yours" policies for the Hispanics.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Just signed up for my class in Westminster next month. Hopefully that means my App is in the system by a week later. Then we
    Shall see how long MSP takes to approve it. So damn excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A lawsuit for a business charging for their services?
    Or a lawsuit for requiring the training?
    The training. It’s out of reach for my medical assistant who lives in a very high crime area.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    The training. It’s out of reach for my medical assistant who lives in a very high crime area.
    There are ways to get it for well under 300, my range does the class for 50 for members. Or maybe loan the person the 300 and get paid back as they can afford to. Also sounds like you could be their boss, give them a 300 buck bonus.

There are ways to get it for well under 300, my range does the class for 50 for members. Or maybe loan the person the 300 and get paid back as they can afford to. Also sounds like you could be their boss, give them a 300 buck bonus.
    How much does range membership cost? A MD Wear & Carry class for $50 would put the instructors time well below minimum wage unless they're teaching a LOT of students at once.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Do you know what $300 is to a single mom of 2 working as a medical assistant? You may as well suggest a 1969 Bordeaux with her Hip Hop Chicken.

She can’t afford a $300 class, $100 for fingerprints and photographs, AND $200 for a Hi-Point.

She deserves to defend herself.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    How much does range membership cost? A MD Wear & Carry class for $50 would put the instructors time well below minimum wage unless they're teaching a LOT of students at once.
    75 a year, they do it to help the range. The instructor does not even get a dime of it the 50 bucks goes to the range. And they teach 10-12 per class and have been doing it every month or 2.

Littlestown fish and game

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Maybe some MDSers could pool some funds for situations like this? Or maybe MSI could have a pool of funds people could apply for? I’d happily throw in a few dollars to help someone with their training. I signed up for next month and it’s $275.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Maybe some MDSers could pool some funds for situations like this? Or maybe MSI could have a pool of funds people could apply for? I’d happily throw in a few dollars to help someone with their training. I signed up for next month and it’s $275.
    so would i

75 a year, they do it to help the range. The instructor does not even get a dime of it the 50 bucks goes to the range. And they teach 10-12 per class and have been doing it every month or 2.

Littlestown fish and game
    Littlestown (PA) Fish and Game teaches a bunch of MD Wear & Carry classes for $125 and that includes a 1yr membership at the club? That is one hell of a good deal. I didn't think an out of state club would have that much of a market for MD W&C classes.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Or, maybe some trainers could get together and volunteer their time and resources.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I was at "The Machine Gun Nest" today to shoot and their MD CCW class was packed! A lot of us apparently are trying to get the training completed so that we can apply. I will do the same when the summer vacations are over.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom