• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Civil war carbine is top of my list. Burnside preferred, but Sharps, Spencer, Maynard would be cool too. Second would be Springfield 1855, 61, or 63. But who knows. I'm just psyched for the show.

I picked up a Maynard last year and sold a "parts gun shooter" Maynard through SCSG. There were a lot of choices for Maynards.
    If you do get one, I have spare plastic maynard cases I can gift you if you want to shoot it. Probably some of the bullets I got with the shooter too. They are easy to hand load once you have sized lubed bullets.

I'm looking for
    50-70 Brass or Loaded ammo
    1853 Enfield in good condition.
    If I can't find that I'll likely get a contract springfield.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I'm in the market for a modern production flintlock rifle (Traditions, Pedersoli, etc). Would they have stuff like that or is it mostly true antiques?
    Yes, they'll be stuff like that. The main push of the show is antique, quality, educational and historic, lots of more modern guns mixed in.
    What you won't see is black plastic guns, jerky, fudge, post 1898 handguns and pallets of ammo.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Are there specific things you guys are looking for? I usually have a couple of items that I'm keenly on the hunt for (and then wind up with a bunch of opportunistic purchases)... this year I find myself strangely without a target list. Maybe if I see a cool Remington rolling block or a .410 double barrel that isn't astronomically priced, I might take a hard look, but this will be the first time I don't have a formal 1-N list of things I'm trying to track down.

I am also looking for a SMLE or Krag or Mauser or 1903 Springfield. Anything else from WW1 or 2 that jumps out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I'm in the market for a modern production flintlock rifle (Traditions, Pedersoli, etc). Would they have stuff like that or is it mostly true antiques?
    I was in a little gun shop last week called the Gun Bunker just off I-83 over the PA line. He had what I thought was an unusually lot of modern used muzzleloaders, all kinds.
    Find a little flashlight to drop down the barrel to check the bore if buying a used one. Bores are often real bad and the touch hole corroded in, but often you can find a used flintlock that was bought as a wall hanger and never fired or someone with high hopes lost interest and never shot it. Good luck!

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    I picked up a Maynard last year and sold a "parts gun shooter" Maynard through SCSG. There were a lot of choices for Maynards.
    If you do get one, I have spare plastic maynard cases I can gift you if you want to shoot it. Probably some of the bullets I got with the shooter too. They are easy to hand load once you have sized lubed bullets.

I'm looking for
    50-70 Brass or Loaded ammo
    1853 Enfield in good condition.
    If I can't find that I'll likely get a contract springfield.
    Thanks. That's good to know about the Maynard's and I appreciate the offer should I end up with one of those, as I won't buy a gun I can't/won't shoot. Should be many Enfield's there. That's become one of my favorites. I'm even casting the Pritchett bullets/plugs and making cartridges now.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Worth a shot...does anyone know if dogs are allowed in? If I go tomorrow I'm going to need to be out all day and I don't have a sitter.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I've seen that there for "table fillers", just make sure you all hydrate before going inside because you will lose some water weight drooling over the stuff you wish you owned. There was a guy I recall with rolling gun racks with all sorts of stuff including what you describe but don't recall them being in mint condition.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I've seen that there for "table fillers", just make sure you all hydrate before going inside because you will lose some water weight drooling over the stuff you wish you owned. There was a guy I recall with rolling gun racks with all sorts of stuff including what you describe but don't recall them being in mint condition.
    Cool, thanks for the info. I'm looking for something to shoot and hunt with, so as long as it's in good working condition and has a decent bore I'm not going to be too picky.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Cool, thanks for the info. I'm looking for something to shoot and hunt with, so as long as it's in good working condition and has a decent bore I'm not going to be too picky.
    You should be able to find a nice used Thompson Center flintlock which would fit the bill.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I walked through the show this afternoon during set up.

Found one fairly rare rifle that I never expected to ever lay my hands on and managed to take it home with me.

It looks like it’ll be a pretty good show depending on what you’re looking for.

Saw some .50-70 loaded ammo but it’s expensive $95 for 20.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Does anyone know the latest on who is doing transfers for those of us that have yet to get an 03 FFL and how that process is supposed to work?

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Does anyone know the latest on who is doing transfers for those of us that have yet to get an 03 FFL and how that process is supposed to work?
    It was to my understanding that C*R only applied to interstate and between two people who both had C&R...same-state transfers are a big no-no with pistols I know for sure...long guns I too thought was still interstate, though.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    It was to my understanding that C*R only applied to interstate and between two people who both had C&R...same-state transfers are a big no-no with pistols I know for sure...long guns I too thought was still interstate, though.
    C&R between two people in Maryland gets you around the mandatory long gun transfer. Both parties must have an 03FFL and the gun must be C&R eligible.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    C&R between two people in Maryland gets you around the mandatory long gun transfer. Both parties must have an 03FFL and the gun must be C&R eligible.

Exactly as I thought, then. I always understood that a same-state seller cannot sell to a C&R directly in that person's home state, and they must go through a 4473 like everyone else. C&R referring to only interstate purchases. I could be wrong, but as an FFL I know I can't do it...so why would a regular citizen be allowed it?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Exactly as I thought, then. I always understood that a same-state seller cannot sell to a C&R directly in that person's home state, and they must go through a 4473 like everyone else. C&R referring to only interstate purchases. I could be wrong, but as an FFL I know I can't do it...so why would a regular citizen be allowed it?
    Not if private transfers were legal

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom