• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Maryland Arms Collector’s Baltimore “Antique” Arms show is back again. For those that have never attended before, the show is usually massive and size is comparable to one of the Nation’s shows in Dulles.

It’s at the State Fairgrounds in Timonium in the Cow Palace.

March 18th and 19th, 2023.

Admission is $15 Saturday and $10 Sunday according to the website. If you’re a member of MACA, you get in for free and before the show opens to the public.

http://www.baltimoreshow.com/

The show states “Antique” but most Curio and Relic long guns are welcome. The show is just not geared towards “modern” firearms like AR’s and AK’s.

No Post-1898 Handguns are allowed in the show. Unfortunately Andrew and I were unable to get some of the Fuddy Duddy’s in control of the show to allow them this year. Maybe next year we will have better luck.

If you’re interested in joining MACA, let me know.

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I plan to go in between games for my daughters last tournment of the season.

I will be looking for 50-70 Ammo or empty cases (I already have reloading dies and mold)

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The Maryland Arms Collector’s Baltimore “Antique” Arms show is back again. For those that have never attended before, the show is usually massive and size is comparable to one of the Nation’s shows in Dulles.

It’s at the State Fairgrounds in Timonium in the Cow Palace.

March 18th and 19th, 2023.

Admission is $10 daily. If you’re a member of MACA, you get in for free and before the show opens to the public.

http://www.baltimoreshow.com/

The show states “Antique” but most Curio and Relic long guns are welcome. The show is just not geared towards “modern” firearms like AR’s and AK’s.

No Post-1898 Handguns are allowed in the show. Unfortunately Andrew and I were unable to get some of the Fuddy Duddy’s in control of the show to allow them this year. Maybe next year we will have better luck.

If you’re interested in joining MACA, let me know.
    Website says $15 on Saturday and $10 on Sunday? Is Saturday $10 also?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Last year I saw 2 LeMat pistols
    Before covid my wife was with me the first year and one guy he let me hold onto it (the pistol)
    You can find more than guns there
    Lots of Civil war Memorabilia too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Weird. They must’ve changed the admission since last year
    without announcing it to anybody in the club. I’ll change it on the OP.
    It is in the letter to the vendors. Some years ago they had it $10 on Saturday and $5 on Sunday. Times have changed. Back then Saturday was packed elbow to elbow, they were trying to split the crowd I guess.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I'm going on Sunday; looking for .38RF reusable brass. I always pick something up for for next to nothing, it seems. Last year was an H&A Underhammer pistol for $100.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm going on Sunday; looking for .38RF reusable brass. I always pick something up for for next to nothing, it seems. Last year was an H&A Underhammer pistol for $100.
    If I see any of that brass on Saturday I'll grab it for you. Send me a PM with any details I should know.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I find deals on something every year. I buy old gun sights and often find someone who has a nice sight for cheap, they know it's worth more but just want to get rid of it.
    One of my buddies will come along with a nice gun that they just got a on DEAL. I would be like, I never saw that and I was there Friday night thru Sunday.
    Take your time going through the show.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    It kills me that you can put up a Luger display but can't buy/sell them. It would be fantastic if C&R eligible handguns were allowed. Have to think it would boost table and ticket sales.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    It kills me that you can put up a Luger display but can't buy/sell them. It would be fantastic if C&R eligible handguns were allowed. Have to think it would boost table and ticket sales.
    I have to agree with you, although it's not killing me, but it's killing the show.
    I don't know what the numbers are but the attendance is down from previous years both patrons and vendors.
    I'd guess that the majority of the crowd is from out of state and a sizable portion of the crowd is vendors walking around or their associates (wives and buddies without name badges). Transferring handguns in Maryland is not simple but in most states is easier. A dealer would just ship the handgun to the buyer's FFL in his home state.
    All Maryland gun shows are suffering with this new transfer law. For the most part people just don't know the law, are confused, are not interested enough to find the facts and don't want to be on some government list whether perceived or real.
    I read that part of the reason the show moved out of the Armory in Baltimore was the City's gun buyback years ago and anti gun views. Now it's the whole state.
    I'm thinking they just might move the show to another location in another state.
    It's still a great show, I hope they do something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom