• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you Going?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    You do realize that calendar events on "this forum" are generated by the membership and not the staff, right?

No, I did not - hence my 100ish posts to your 33k... I am still a baby here. But thank you for letting me know. Can you link me to how to go about that?

Nevermind, I figured it out. Thank you, and my apologies for my 'tone'. Work is never ending today.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Mine as well go to the moon for this and scream for 2a! The same amount of delegates will be present to hear you there...poorly planned poorly organized. Sounds like someone wants to say "look at me and what I did"!

I'll wait for MSI or SAF

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    No, I did not - hence my 100ish posts to your 33k... I am still a baby here. But thank you for letting me know. Can you link me to how to go about that?

Click on calendar in the toolbar at the top.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Just because someone else handled something in a way they shouldn't have, doesn't mean you shouldn't go support the fight for the 2A.

I am also disappointed in this forum for failing to post this National Level event on their main upcoming events section. But I'm still going.

The slights against members of this forum by supposed organizers for the 19th are unwarranted and baffling. Makes motives seem questionable. As for myself, I'm taking time off from work to be at every relevant legislative session. It will be costing me a lot more than standing around for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon.

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    Mine as well go to the moon for this and scream for 2a! The same amount of delegates will be present to hear you there...poorly planned poorly organized. Sounds like skmekne wants tk say "look at me and what I did"!

I'll wait for MSI or SAF

The point (despite being a rally) isn't for the delegates to be present in the moment. The point is its gun appreciation day, and the combination of everyone doing something will have its effect. No delegates need to be present if people are protesting in every state, in unison. The media coverage will serve the purpose.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    The point (despite being a rally) isn't for the delegates to be present in the moment. The point is its gun appreciation day, and the combination of everyone doing something will have its effect. No delegates need to be present if people are protesting in every state, in unison. The media coverage will serve the purpose.

I've been to actual events and dont need a lesson on what works and doesn't. I prefer to use my time as wisely as possible. As i said before, this smells an awful lot like someone selfishly refussing help from more experienced organizations just to say LOOK AT WHAT I DID.

I hope this goes well, but while like it seems like good intentions (to a degree) it's still suspect in my book.

Dec 14, 2011
    Bel Air
    Just because someone else handled something in a way they shouldn't have, doesn't mean you shouldn't go support the fight for the 2A.

I am also disappointed in this forum for failing to post this National Level event on their main upcoming events section. But I'm still going.

There are lots of us who belong to the industry or own firearms that are not very active here on this forum. Lots of people like us are waiting to come out of the woodwork in Maryland after the NY travesty. Maryland is not too unlike NY and now Mass. They were inspired by the national level organizing wanted to help and have not gotten much of it here. I know its unusual to see on our side, but this is the grassroots!!! Ive too have been in contact with her and she is a force of nature! She is an asset! She inspired us to help her and we plan on going to both events.

Here is her Marylands group event page
    https://www.facebook.com/MarylandersUnitedForGunRights

and the national one.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/

I urge you to go to both if you can and we are planning to have a carpool leaving from our Bel Air warehouse. Please PM me for details.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    For those of us who are faceless (I dont do facebook)
    Is there a rallying point in Annapolis.
    Or do we just head for the state house at noon ???

Just show up at noon. As for parking, I think a lot of folks are planning on using the stadium parking. I don't know if shuttles will be running but it's not a terribly long walk

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    A couple reminders for all who are planning to go (and if someone can pass this up to Facebook, it might be helpful)...

Maryland law prohibits the carry of any firearm at a demonstration. I would even recommend against facsimiles, cutouts, AirSoft, empty holsters, etc., in order to portray a peaceful and civil group.

The media and the 'other side' want nothing more than to portray gun owners as revolutionary, angry, camo-clad radicals. Avoid clothing and signage that give that impression. Speak your piece, be proud, but we can do this politely.

Carry a couple of plastic grocery bags with you, and pick up any trash you see along the way. Filth and disrespect are the hallmarks of the other guys' crowds. Take a tip from the Tea Party, and leave the area better than you found it.

If there is a media presence, great! But it will irk them greatly if there is nothing negative to report!!

In general, we are a responsible, respectable, respectful bunch... and this is the best time to prove it.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I don’t want to sound like a fly in the ointment, but how long has this group been in existence and does anyone know who is behind this? Besides the last minute call to arms (metaphorically) and not so good planning, my spidey senses aren’t real comfy right now and my tinfoil hat is loose.

Dec 14, 2011
    Bel Air
    Tomorrow is the day, that we as Americans have to make a choice, you can sit on your couch with your head burried in the tv, computer or smart phone, or you can get up and get to your capitol with thousands of other Americans and let your voice be heard. Now is you chance to rally along with fellow Patriots, and let them know that we will not stand by and watch anymore, we will make our voices heard across the nation. This is the land of the FREE and we will not allow them to take that from us.

Zane

Jan 3, 2013
    Baltimore
    It all adds up. Letters, calls, demonstrations, etc. it may not make a difference, but we can clearly point out that we did all we could within the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom