• Are you Going?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Heather Cocolin: So I just signed up to MDshooters and I can not post the truth. Sorry, but it is the 19th that we stand, not the 8th. You people over at mdshooters seemed to be lost and confused. Sorry, but I am disappointed in that site in the first 5 minutes. You all have done nothing for the 8th but talk about it. We already have boots on the ground and confirmed police officers showing up, and not dressed in riot gear.

Well, there's a way to convince people to go. :rolleyes:

Heather Cocolin: If you can not get 12.5% of your 16,000 members to show up for two hours on a saturday, than it doesn't matter whether it is Jan or February or the year 2030.

Actually, I would want 12.5% of our folks to show up for something productive, like a legislative hearing day, not a day when there will tumbleweeds blowing through Lawyers Mall.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Yep, that would be her. She said something about not being able to post or whatever.

And this

Can't say I blame her for that jab

She waited until 4 days prior to the event that she is "coordinating" to elicit the support of 16000 MDS members and decided not only not to say anything about the event but chose to insult us?

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Ok all - I just had a conversation with Ellen Moreiko, Ellen is the one who created the event facebook page for MD on the 19th. Evidently this Heather person just joined the Facebook page and inserted herself into some kind of organizer role. She apparently caused a great deal of confusion and trouble for Ellen. Ellen even referred to her as a troll.

No matter - Ellen has re-assumed the role of organizer. SHE HAS SECURED THE PERMIT so that part is handled. She is coordinating with speakers and getting ready to get press releases out. It's late in the game but it is what it is at this point. Since the permit is secured I would try to make it if you can.

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    (Kashmir - I'm sorry for getting uptight with you)

Yes, I found out today as well the permit is secured for the 19th.

Look guys, if everyone had the attitude of "not enough people are going for it to matter", then no one would show up. Just go. It's a Saturday get off your ass (haha). What you have to realize is just because 130ish people are 'going' on Facebook doesn't mean that's the number of people that will attend. Nutnfancy, James Yeager, Tom Greshum (sp?) of GunTalk, and tons of other forums have all announced it, along with the creator of gun appreciation day.

More so, don't worry about the fact that its a Saturday and political figures will not be there. That's not the point, despite it being a protest. The point is its gun appreciation day. So the combination of EVERYONE doing something, whether going to the range, the gun shop and holding up signs, a gun show displaying your colors and flags, or protesting at your Capitol, it doesn't matter. The focus isn't so much the quantity of people at the rally, it's the quantity of people participating in gun appreciation day in whatever form you choose. Gun appreciation day is the rally.

That is how we spread the message.

PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012
    Ok all - I just had a conversation with Ellen Moreiko, Ellen is the one who created the event facebook page for MD on the 19th. Evidently this Heather person just joined the Facebook page and inserted herself into some kind of organizer role. She apparently caused a great deal of confusion and trouble for Ellen. Ellen even referred to her as a troll.

No matter - Ellen has re-assumed the role of organizer. SHE HAS SECURED THE PERMIT so that part is handled. She is coordinating with speakers and getting ready to get press releases out. It's late in the game but it is what it is at this point. Since the permit is secured I would try to make it if you can.

That clears a couple things up. I couldn't make the 19th anyway though thanks to work.

methlab

Mar 18, 2011
    Northern Harford County

Since Ellen has gone tp the trouble to organize this, let's all stop by Saturday and give a strong showing either before or after your visit to the gun range or store. Bass Pro isn't far away from there. Make it a family day visiting the State capital. If we can't spread the word fast enough on this site, we have a major break down.

I bet if some store was having a sale on ARs and ammo, people would find time to be there. It's time to put up or shut up. The 19th, the 8th and when ever else a large gathering is needed, we need to go. Stop whining, change your plans and meet me there.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Making my signs tomorrow for the 19th AND the 8th. I plan on going to both!

"It's time to put up or shut up. The 19th, the 8th and when ever else a large gathering is needed, we need to go. Stop whining, change your plans and meet me there."

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    Put up or Shut up

Yes Ellen is very overwhelmed! I am admin for the Maryland Facebook event to take the social media aspect off her plate. She is currently in the process of contacting the media, so they will be there. Keep that in mind in the respect of how we present ourselves. The media wants to portray us as the scum of the earth, extremists, or just flat out crazy.

We now have 192 confirmed attending, its growing by the hour. Some of these people are husbands and wives who say they're bringing their family! So expect more people.

Is there any way we can get this event on the main page of the forum in the upcoming events?

Rouser

Proud Eastern Shoreman
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wicomico & Talbot Cos.
    I can't believe all the bickering going on here about this date or that date, why on a Saturday... should be a weekday and on and on. If we are this splintered on something this simple, how in the heck are we going to successfully send the message that we demand the preservation of our 2A rights! It doesn't matter who started which one, attend both if at all possible!!! Why on weekend?? Because there are a LOT more people available to attend without having to take time from work!!! Some are wondering why the 19th, maybe we should dump that and do our thing on the 8th. I haven't seen any comment here that indicates that the group is aware this is NOT a Maryland event only, it is planned for ALL the state capitals on the same day. Even if it is only local media coverage, the national media will have to cover it if we have a good showing! If we all get out and support BOTH dates we will be sending the message we want heard. I'm planning to attend the rally this Saturday in Annapolis. I don't have a large group going and I don't know how many more are going to drive up from the Lower Shore, but I am! There really is no reason for all of us who are not working (or other VERY good reason) NOT to be there this Saturday!!!!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    rise. if ya can't make both dates, pick one. if 50% of the folks here picked one and attended, we'd have a 100% turnout combined.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Actually, I would want 12.5% of our folks to show up for something productive, like a legislative hearing day, not a day when there will tumbleweeds blowing through Lawyers Mall.

x1000. As in, we need at least 1,000 people to show up at hearings. Nothing speaks louder to legislators than an overwhelming number of angry eyes staring at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom