• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Was Pat Jessamy the lady in red at the table for the unlawful ammo bills. She was obnoxious. Smigiel was loaded for the 820 discussion, the chairman kept trying to move away from him. McConkey had some good questions/statements too.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    It was a long day......just got home a minutes ago. I got ther earound 10:30 and started delivering testimony to the House and Senate....which meant trips across the street and through security several times.

Good turnout and some strong testimony from our side. The otherside....well they were woefully unprepared and most embarrassed themselves as usual. When facts and logic aren't on your side, you're going to get you ass handed to you.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    So what is regulated ammunition, what a joke. They had no clue what they were talking about and trying to defend in the bill.

The testimony of the guy that lives in MoCo was absolutely amazing. They would never have believed that story unless he shared it like he did. I really appreciated him taking the time to come in and testify.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    So what is regulated ammunition, what a joke. They had no clue what they were talking about and trying to defend in the bill.

The testimony of the guy that lives in MoCo was absolutely amazing. They would never have believed that story unless he shared it like he did. I really appreciated him taking the time to come in and testify.

Been a "gun nut" for only 9 months and I know there's no ammunition that is specific to regulated firearms...great theater!

I think that testimony form the MoCo guy killed!

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    It was a good day. I couldn't get there until about 3 o'clock, but that was when the fun was really beginning. I will give credit where it is due. Vallario seemed to smell a rat with HB 820, and wanted nothing to do with it. His line of questioning for HB 820's supporters basically emphasized that the bill is just another layer of bureaucracy on top of our current onerous laws, and duplicates what we already have in place as far a background checks.

As usual Smiegel went right after the antis with a vengeance, and exposed a few areas of the bill that stood out as particularly poorly thought out. Although entertaining, it wasn't quite as epic as a couple years back when he chopped the hippie off at the knees that was pushing the ammo serialization bill, which stood to make him a rich man at the expense of our rights. Anyone that was there remembers how Smiegel chewed that guy up. :lol2::lol2:

All in all, it was a good day. Thanks to those that were there early enough to get the testimony delivered.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I arrived about 10AM and left around 5:30PM.

Spott77 and I tried to visit some of our friendly Reps prior to the hearing, that building is a maze! It is so easy to access our Representatives, we (as individual citizens) really need to do more face to face with them.

I stayed on the House side to fill in when ever it looked like we needed more testimony... I didn't have to get out of my seat. The bases were covered and since so many bills were being heard today, it was best to be brief and to the point. Too many people saying the same thing over-and-over can end up being a negative. The result is that we "did good" today.

The numbers attending were down, partially because we were divided between the Senate and House hearings being scheduled at the same time. This appeared to hurt the Anti's more then us, as they only had a few "experts" who had to cover both hearings as well. The fact is that we really need 10 times as many bodies attending these hearings in order to stop this nonsense. 30 or 40 people representing ALL the gun owners in Maryland is a sad statement. I really thank those who took time off from work and the family to help draw the line in the sand for our Representatives.

One other thing, there really are some people on these committees who do not care about our rights, they look down upon us with distain, and truly believe they know what is best for us. We will never convince them otherwise, so the only way to make an impression on them is by shear numbers. They need to know that we are a large body of voters and that they need to watch out for us. Keep sending emails and making phone calls, especially to our “enemies”. They are the ones we need to keep in check.

Thanks again to all that attended the meetings today, also to all that are contacting the Representatives on a daily basis. The need for these efforts will never go away, as there is no one battle that will keep these people at bay… our universities are putting out new “thinkers” with every graduating class and they think they have the way to fix all social ills.

Keep on fighting my friends.

-Boxcab

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    That one delegate who stated that he had never had a gun and didn't want one so he wasn't going to vote for the shall issue bill was absolutely clueless and doesn't care.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Joe Vallario was very critical of the Scarlett letter bill. I was shocked. The state police, were in support, as long as the extra permit requirements were stuck out, they want to keep the tougher penalties for dealers and the wire tapping privilages.

Rosenburg's main argument was that fake driver's licenses were being used to make straw purchases. I dont see how that's my problem. It sounds like the state needs to make a drivers license thats harder to forge. Maybe if they weren't dragging their feet with regards to real ID and pandering to illegals............

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I need to give a special thanks to Norton, who worked his butt off. He deserves all of our thanks and gratitude.

You sir are a man among men.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    That one delegate who stated that he had never had a gun and didn't want one so he wasn't going to vote for the shall issue bill was absolutely clueless and doesn't care.

Perfect example of how they represent the people of their district,
    Don't care what the voters think, only care about their own personal feelings. These reps. need to go!!!

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Joe Vallario was very critical of the Scarlett letter bill. I was shocked. The state police, were in support, as long as the extra permit requirements were stuck out, they want to keep the tougher penalties for dealers and the wire tapping privilages.

Rosenburg's main argument was that fake driver's licenses were being used to make straw purchases. I dont see how that's my problem. It sounds like the state needs to make a drivers license thats harder to forge. Maybe if they weren't dragging their feet with regards to real ID and pandering to illegals............

What a surprise the MSP were in support. :rolleye12

Which extra permit requirements did they want taken out? What was their rationale for supporting this onerous bill? O'Malley told them to do it?

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    It sounds like it was a good day! Thanks to everyone who went.

I'd marked myself out of the office for today, but couldn't escape the deadlines, office move, etc, etc..

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I need to give a special thanks to Norton, who worked his butt off. He deserves all of our thanks and gratitude.

You sir are a man among men.

x10000000

And Spot77 as well. They do more each day for gun rights in this state than 99% of us do in a year, and I can't thank them enough. That is not to marginalize the hard work of many others, but I want to single them out since they do so much to help me out around here, while also keeping up with their demanding MSI duties while trying to live a somewhat normal life on the side. I know I can't keep up.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom